Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirming Delivery Performance Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Relative newb here — I received the email (day 1 reservation in NY). Can I stay at the front of the line until I am ready to purchase? I’ve been burned a couple of times by taking a new model on rollout. I’m hopeful that the M3 launch ironed out a lot of issues...
i'm in ny too and though i didn't order performance, your post gives me hope LOL. though i agree, i would just as soon wait a couple of months to see if there are any major issues.

I assumed that prior to this email, Tesla would inform you that they’re ready to build your car and you need to confirm/finalize your build. Is that not the case?

Or they built butt load knowing the number of reservations, then assign VINs.

I don't understand the logic since I am NOT an early reservation (just last Jan 29th). Maybe prior owner and in SoCal has some to do with early delivery confirmation.

Or they built butt load knowing the number of reservations, then assign VINs.

I don't understand the logic since I am NOT an early reservation (just last Jan 29th). Maybe prior owner and in SoCal has some to do with early delivery confirmation.

It seems as Tesla always gives their home turf a little more love (as they should), so I would bet SoCal is a factor. Either way this is great. Sure seems like they built a buttload of Y’s as it seems quite a few people received emails.

Hi! I'm so new I didn't even have a chance to sign up for the forum, have just been lurking.

Ordered Performance (with upgrade), Midnight Silver, black interior, and FSD on 02/02/20. In Orlando, FL. I was hoping to have more time to prep as this is my first Tesla, but I'm not complaining!

Anyway, I think someone else asked this, but does anyone know if I don't confirm my March delivery can I can push back into April at least? Should I call someone or just not confirm and wait to see what additional comms I get?

Stoked about joining the community!

Reactions: tccartier
I assumed that prior to this email, Tesla would inform you that they’re ready to build your car and you need to confirm/finalize your build. Is that not the case?
i think their idea on minimal configurations is you take what they built, but i have also heard that you can change if you want. but you would be changing to another one they've already built. at least that's what it seems to me.

Those of you getting the e-mails - as you get further through the process, can you let us know if you're able to add any accessories that we've been told we SHOULD be able to add on, such as a roof rack or tow hitch? And if there are any others that you can add on (like maybe air suspension - fingers crossed!)?

Thanks!

Reactions: lnsh
Those of you getting the e-mails - as you get further through the process, can you let us know if you're able to add any accessories that we've been told we SHOULD be able to add on, such as a roof rack or tow hitch? And if there are any others that you can add on (like maybe air suspension - fingers crossed!)?

Thanks!
Elon indicated two weeks ago that there are no plans for an air suspension for the Y (or 3).

Reactions: house9 and Alex#$
I have NOT got an email. I ordered on Jan 21st, SoCal, Red, FSD, Performance, then deselected free upgrade to 21 wheels etc, then changed it back this week to get them as want brakes etc.

So wondering what the common denominator is for early notifications.. ?

Check out the parking lots at the Lathrop, CA facility and an adjacent property. I expect the number of deliveries in March may surprise us all.

Google Maps Dropped pin
Near 500 E Louise Ave, Lathrop, CA 95330
That is an old image--they stockpiled Model 3 there prior to the tax incentive expiration. How do I know it is an old image? Using Apple Maps-the parking lot is almost empty, and the building just to the south is completed, while in the Google Maps image--it is a slab only.

Lathrop.jpg

Thanks!
air suspension won't be there yet, pretty sure

Yes got the same one. I ordered in November 2019, thinking that I would have until end of 2020 to prepare. Guess they had fewer preorders than expected, or maybe it’s because I’m a Tesla owner in CA and that moved me up the list?? I th in k I’m going to cancel and get my $2500 back.
I also ordered in November but I am not a current owner of a Tesla or in California. We assume that delivery costs are a bit more for us canucks. Was it silver? Possibly I will get an email that I can have yours ;).
I know - same thought, thinking that I have later in 2020 since I only reserved last month (Jan 29th).
Also Tesla owner in SoCal, maybe that counted for something.
Unfortunately our Model X was totaled last week but fortunately this Model Y will replace it sooner than expected.
Bad news on the X; hope all are alright. There goes the first come first served aspect of it. March here is not as sunny and warm as it is in California. That money is just burning a hole in my pocket now. Tap tap tap.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Yes got the same one. I ordered in November 2019, thinking that I would have until end of 2020 to prepare. Guess they had fewer preorders than expected, or maybe it’s because I’m a Tesla owner in CA and that moved me up the list?? I th in k I’m going to cancel and get my $2500 back.
There have been a lot of analysis on the number of preorders and most have them at around 250,000-300,000 worldwide. There's no way to break it down by country/region, though.

It's also well-known that the performance version will be the first to be delivered, so those in and around California that jumped on the reservation when it first came available will most likely get first deliveries.