Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirming Delivery Performance Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man... I'm salty at the peeps getting their MYs before I do..:) I would switch to the performance model in a heart beat if it came with 20" tires and standard suspension. I currently have a 2018 Merc E63S with 21s.... The ride is stiff and harsh, I feel every crack and bump.
you can get the performance with the 19" gemini's according to the order page. just don't check the box for the performance upgrade. i was thinking of changing my LR AWD to blue with the gemini's, partly for the same reason you cite, the 20" inductions are only bigger in the wheel, not tire size, so the reduction is all in the sidewall and i am afraid for the ride. i will see what the early comments are

you can get the performance with the 19" gemini's according to the order page. just don't check the box for the performance upgrade. i was thinking of changing my LR AWD to blue with the gemini's, partly for the same reason you cite, the 20" inductions are only bigger in the wheel, not tire size, so the reduction is all in the sidewall and i am afraid for the ride. i will see what the early comments are

You’re looking at .5 inches difference between the 19” and the 20” rims. 4 vs. 4.5 inches on the sidewalk size. I’m cautiously optimistic that .5 inch will suffice for me.

Reactions: Aarons12
I know - same thought, thinking that I have later in 2020 since I only reserved last month (Jan 29th).
Also Tesla owner in SoCal, maybe that counted for something.
Unfortunately our Model X was totaled last week but fortunately this Model Y will replace it sooner than expected.
Congrats. I ordered a Perf version in mid-Sept, live in San Diego, but have not heard a word yet.

Got confirmation email last night. I ordered 1 month ago, from NY. I think what matters most is a) Performance + b) FSD (highest margin Y car for Tesla); I'm betting most of the notified had P + FSD. Can others confirm this?

My order:

• Model Y
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Performance Brakes
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Performance Pedals
  • 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
No FSD on my order and I received the email. Everything else is pretty much same as yours, but I’m getting white exterior/black interior.

Are there others that received the email who ordered the long range non-performance version? I ordered the non-performance Y in blue with black interior and FSD on day 1 and just received the confirmation email.

is there anywhere we can see a prototype of the model Y in person?

Is there something to see here besides vacant land, semi truck parking lots and industrial oil holding tanks?
Zoom into the parking lot of the largest building. The hundreds of dark auto roofs are panoramic roofs, presumably MYs. Then look at the L-shaped building to the left for more dark roofed autos. This many identical cars are not employee parking.

Zoom into the parking lot of the largest building. The hundreds of dark auto roofs are panoramic roofs, presumably MYs. Then look at the L-shaped building to the left for more dark roofed autos. This many identical cars are not employee parking.
You may be using an older version of Google Maps. Try the update from this past week which also has updated satellite photos.

Zoom into the parking lot of the largest building. The hundreds of dark auto roofs
See my Post #33. That is an old image when they stockpiled Model 3 to delay the "end of full federal rebate 200,000 US delivery trigger". Cars that were delivered from Lathrop were very dirty from dust on arrival at delivery location. The linked image in Post #33 shows the completed building to the south, obviously a more current image.

Got my email at 1:35 this morning!!!!! Ordered the car November 18... Silver AWD Performance (19" Gemini wheels). Changed from 21 to 19... here in New York it WONT last!!!!! Now to find charging stations in lower nyc!!!! Anyone have suggestions???
thanks.