Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connected Solutions Real-World Experiences (MA - National Grid / EverSource)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone

I was hoping that folks in Massachusetts could share their real-world experiences with Connected Solutions so far this year.

Asking because my mom lives in SE MA and has EverSource - her experience so far this year has been a bit disappointing. She's had overwhelming 3-hr events (18/20) with EverSource calling events almost every weekday for the last 3 weeks even when it was cool weather and/or cloudy out. This has resulted in only a 6.6 average kW discharge for the season which is a good deal lower than the relatively conservative estimates I'd made. Perhaps my estimates were too optimistic but also perhaps it has something to do with my estimates being based on National Grid events, as opposed to EverSource. Of course, they were also based on last summer so there's that possibility too.

So... could anyone share how their events are so far this year? I live in Bellingham and have National Grid - anyone out this way? I ask predominantly because I was counting on CS as a major offset to the cost of the PWs and this is weakening that offset.

Many thanks in advance!

My check from Eversource came last week. $250.71. No information with it, It was preceded by an email telling me it was coming. Again no information. I was expecting something like how many kWh, but no.

(My November electric bill only added $65 to my credit balance, now at $1600. I suspect the December bill will be about break even or perhaps eat into the credit slightly.)

Upvote 0
My check from Eversource came last week. $250.71. No information with it, It was preceded by an email telling me it was coming. Again no information. I was expecting something like how many kWh, but no.

(My November electric bill only added $65 to my credit balance, now at $1600. I suspect the December bill will be about break even or perhaps eat into the credit slightly.)

I haven’t even gotten the email

Upvote 0
Yes, I’m in CT with Eversource and this is my 3rd year. The first year I got the check directly from Eversource in early December, my second year (last year) I got an email from Tesla that they were running late and ended up getting the check in early January from Tesla, and this year no comms / no check yet.

Upvote 0
I just found this website EnergySolutions that says:

As of December 2, 2023, ConnectedSolutions will no longer accept new enrollments. If you are already enrolled in ConnectedSolution and interested in transferring to Energy Storage Solutions, please contact us.
Interesting , im going to go out on a limb and guess that the new program probably pays less. Ill check it out tho.

Upvote 0
Interesting , im going to go out on a limb and guess that the new program probably pays less. Ill check it out tho.

Looks worse.

Also eversource got back to me today and stated that a payment direct from tesla should come to me in a few weeks. Hope thats the same for others.

Reactions: manole
Upvote 0
Anyone hear anything about National Grid payments yet?
Nothing yet. This is the latest I have been paid. Last two years have been late but not this late. First year was either late December or early January. Last year was end of January. Not even peep this year. Last year they at least sent out emails ahead of time but not even that this year. I know of one person in here who hasn’t even gotten paid for last year so I’m hoping that’s.not the trend. It’s amazing to me to see in how many ways Tesla can crap the bag.

Upvote 0
Nothing yet. This is the latest I have been paid. Last two years have been late but not this late. First year was either late December or early January. Last year was end of January. Not even peep this year. Last year they at least sent out emails ahead of time but not even that this year. I know of one person in here who hasn’t even gotten paid for last year so I’m hoping that’s.not the trend. It’s amazing to me to see in how many ways Tesla can crap the bag.
Still have not heard anything here.
North shore, national grid.

They dragged my application over a year beyond install with zero explination. Cost me all of my payback by doing that, because my application was tossed and I lost my rate along with it. I got into a block that pays .013 per kw, so it's not quite as bad as the people that now get 0.00, but might as well be. It's ridiculous that I lost nearly all of my 10 years of return just because they literally could not have someone login to the portal and enter my account number (the only thing they needed to do for over a year)

So the connected solutions payment is pretty important to me at this point, and they already messed that up for 2022, I finally got into it for 2023 though, we'll see if I finally get something out of it...

Upvote 0