Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connectivity problem iOS and Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to set up an appointment and asked for the reset. All I got was this txt thread from service:

View attachment 572114

View attachment 572113

FWIW I have the same issue with an iPhone 11 Pro with the latest iOS and cell updates, and it happens with both the Tesla app and the Tesla Remote app. It sometimes fails to connect on ATT 5Ge and LTE. I can force quit the app and relaunch, I can try to sign out and back in, I can go into Airplane Mode and back out--no joy. What seems to fix it for me is rebooting the phone. maybe grabbing a new 'date lease' from ATT fixes the issue. I am not convinced that this is a Tesla issue but an ATT issue.

Reactions: boonedocks
I chatted with AT&T tech support online last night and explained the situation and asked to escalate the issue to their engineering department. My app is working today for the first time since mid July. Was it fixed for anyone else?

I was here to post that my Tesla service “fix” from a few posts up is no longer working. Just read this and am happy to report that I was just able to connect. Here’s hoping this AT&T fix sticks.

Reactions: T3SLA90D
Having the same issue I am hoping it is a tesla/ios issue, when I take the sim out of my iphone 12 and put it in my pixel 4a, tesla app has no problem connecting through ATT, works all day long, but as soon as I put the sim back into my iphone it does not work unless I connect to wifi.

Having the same issue I am hoping it is a tesla/ios issue, when I take the sim out of my iphone 12 and put it in my pixel 4a, tesla app has no problem connecting through ATT, works all day long, but as soon as I put the sim back into my iphone it does not work unless I connect to wifi.

Wow.. so this is some interesting good news. This rules out AT&T 5g as the DIRECT culprit and most likely looks like either Apple / IOS 14.x issue on 5g or Tesla App is doing something strange.

I still believe this to be IOS and AT&T 5g interworking issues since my Home App (HomeKit automation) will NOT work on 5g either. It works on other phones on LTE with no problem.

I've posted messages on Apple Support, Can't reach Tesla as no one answers phones or chats.. And AT&T is a Joke to get this escalated to an engineer that would be able to figure it out.

We need to get some Tesla media to pick up this issue and write/tweet something.

Reactions: loganwatson
Yeah I’ve noticed this as well over the last week or two...

That’s interesting that it works fine on the pixel. When the issue was resolved last no iOS update occurred.