Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Console Wrap Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah.. it came with a small overlap. I tried to pull the side piece and tuck it under but i couldn't get it tucked. The knife I found had a blade that was just too dull so it tore the vinyl when I tried to cut it. That was actually my biggest mistake. I should have tucked it and all issues would have been solved. Like I said, they are sending me a replacement. But the rest of it turned out well so I am hesitant to re-do it. And you are right, no one else notices but me. It can't be fixed. I'll probably replace it.

I got a brand new xacto to fix some other places later and it was like butter. Made me even more angry! hehe

View attachment 340376 Really nice work wbhokie! Nice clean tucks on the edges and that PITA cupholder :eek:

Just for reference for the guys asking about the RPM option, I’ve attached a pic (there’s a bit of an optical illusion between the middle & cupholder panels, the gap is uniform when viewed from above)

As I mentioned previously, RPM’s dimensions are such that there’s no tucking, just goes right up to the curved edge. I’ll be the first to admit I was skeptical about this before install, but I found that as long as the film is aligned, the small amount of exposed piano black actually serves as a nice accent, especially at the cupholder.

In the future, I’ll likely swap it out and see if I can’t try my hand at tucking.

Frieda ‘s boss - fletch reference? Could u post a pic from the back seat / top of drivers seat so I could see the console wood wrap tied into the dash ? I think that is route I would go and would like to see how it all ties in together

6810DFAD-DAC9-4459-8956-92F37F97C3D5.jpeg
Frieda ‘s boss - fletch reference? Could u post a pic from the back seat / top of drivers seat so I could see the console wood wrap tied into the dash ? I think that is route I would go and would like to see how it all ties in together
Here you go rxgigli. The wood on the dash looks a bit redder in the pic, but because it’s rounded, the dark/ligh/red/brown changes depending on the angle, so I’ve found that the wrap for the most part isn’t so far off in color or texture that it’s a distraction. I’ve yet to have any passengers even notice that it’s a film...and most even touch it (I think the texture also helps in this regard).

And maybe I’ll change my name to John Coktostonson or Mr. Sinalinalin next time (nice catch!) :p

View attachment 341024
Here you go rxgigli. The wood on the dash looks a bit redder in the pic, but because it’s rounded, the dark/ligh/red/brown changes depending on the angle, so I’ve found that the wrap for the most part isn’t so far off in color or texture that it’s a distraction. I’ve yet to have any passengers even notice that it’s a film...and most even touch it (I think the texture also helps in this regard).

And maybe I’ll change my name to John Coktostonson or Mr. Sinalinalin next time (nice catch!) :p
=p

I'm about to install a Kenriko wrap, so I was watching his 45 minute installation video in preparation.

But then I stumbled upon a 11 minute installation video from EV Wraps, which looks a lot quicker and easier. They've got the backing paper divided into strips which allows you to install each piece of vinyl one small section at a time. And the cupholder piece comes with "transfer tape" attached which allows you to line it up with the cupholders without directly touching the wrap.

Does anyone have experience with these EV Wrap kits and could weigh in on if it's actually as easy as it looks compared to other offerings?

Kenriko installation vid:

EV Wraps installation vid:

Yeah the EVwrap video makes the install look easy.

Well, I RPM sent me a replacement cupholder piece, and my install was going pefect until the I was 99% done and making my final tuck in the front right part of it, and I tore it trying to get it under the trim. Gah! I had to Patch over it with a small piece on top. Wrap band-aid. Looks like I have attempt #3 in my future ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy 1
By the way, I talked to EVwraps, and they will soon be offering White Carbon Fiber as an option, and Abstract Ocean will also do White Carbon Fiber for you if you request it. All the kits you buy will send a replacement if you mess it up (RPM, AO, etc) and Kenriko sends you 2 cupholder cutouts to begin with.

I recently saw a video by RPM Tesla that they actually spray slip solution on these wraps. Has anyone tried that? It certainly appears that it would be much easier to work with if it was a wet install. I'm not talking about PPF I'm talking about the vinyl wraps that is installed wet.

Not sure, but I think someone said to not wet install. We did ours one evening, have never done it before, it turned out really nice. Less than 30 minutes. We did buy the heavier vinyl, 3M Di-Noc, as we heard it was easier to install. And it was, air bubbles came right out with no effort.

That looks really nice, what manufacture and vinyl pattern is that? I do my own, so I am not looking for a vendor.

If I was doing my own, I'd look at 3M Di-Noc. They have a TON of different patterns and colors. When I did some stuff to my CTS-V, I was able to get free samples (well, I paid for shipping) of it from vendors who were selling it, so that may be worth looking into if you are undecided between some patterns/colors.

I was going to do my own using 3M Di-Noc, but the Matte black Kenriko kit (on Amazon) matches the seats so perfectly that I don't want anything else. The customer service has also been stellar.

I installed the RPM wet install Xpel on our first (wifey's car) and the Kenriko matte black on our second. The kenriko one looks much nicer! Installs were different (wet versus dry) but I didn't find the kenriko one to be any more difficult to install. In some ways, it's easier. The RPM one is a translucent material. So any tiny air bubbles or scratches underneath will be obvious.

I just finished installing the Matte Black wrap from Abstract Ocean. Install was a bit of a pain but it turned out pretty good. I had some issues with the cupholder area but I was able to remove it and get it lined up better. The transfer tape was nice in terms of positioning but I found it actually got in the way of seeing where the edges were exactly. I ended up lining it up better after taking the tape off.
OqekAaUgTeOJQuHLP83yAQ.jpg

I just finished installing the Matte Black wrap from Abstract Ocean. Install was a bit of a pain but it turned out pretty good. I had some issues with the cupholder area but I was able to remove it and get it lined up better. The transfer tape was nice in terms of positioning but I found it actually got in the way of seeing where the edges were exactly. I ended up lining it up better after taking the tape off.
View attachment 342376
I agree, I tried transfer tape, because I thought it was a cool idea. Did not work for me at all.,