Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, but our mirrors are also anti-glare so that makes up the purpose of auto dimmer, without making the mirrors too dark that auto dimmers might do in some scenarios.

I haven’t bought form Suma, but I have used similar mirrors on both a Porsche Cayman and a S2000. They’re relatively easy to swap out and work well and personally I like the blue look.

As for the autodimming, i personally agree that it will reduce the need for dimming. However, I find the oem autodimming on our cars to be more effective - when it actually works.

There are also occasions where our mirrors don’t dim when they need to or stay dimmed when they don’t need to. These will stay a consistent blue which reduces those scenarios but won’t be enough to avoid annoyance if someone has brights on at your rear quarter.

• Informative
Reactions: SumaPerformance
Hi, sorry I was in a meeting earlier didn't get a chance to respond and wasn't ignoring the question :( And I needed to check internally to see what offer we can provide. That was the reason I responded other questions first but yours.

Thank you for getting back to us on this!

Yes, we can provide 10% off!. The original post has been updated to include the 10% off promo.Thanks for the feedback!

To get the defroster function to work with your mirror, what kind of installation do we need to do? It is not simply remove original mirror and replace with yours? There is wiring we need to splice?
Plug and play and no splicing, simply connect the OEM defroster wire to the defroster connector on our mirror.

If you need to see a customer video, please let me know and I can share the Youtube link (on a different car but same mirrors), thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: YisSerL
how is the performance compared to an aspherical mirror:

I've been looking to get something that can get rid of blind spots AND still see the side of my car due to motorcycle lane splitters
For aspherical mirrors, only the outside tip is convex (wide angle), whereas Suma performance mirrors are 100% convex to provide better wide angle view throughout the mirrors. In our opinion, this is better for the driver because objects on the mirror look consistent, unlike the ones on aspherical mirror.

• Disagree
Reactions: T5Quad
Her is quick comparison by our customer. The area marked by red border is the blind spot that you can see now on Suma Performance Mirrors.

Can you tell the difference?
Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 6.05.23 AM.png

How's this any better than the existing third party Model S/X mirrors you can buy on ebay.co.uk for £12-15? They're a perfect fit and heated, for a fraction of a price. An original used UK-market Model S mirror cost me £95 a couple of years ago. Yes, they're rare, but that's why we have search alerts on ebay. It makes zero sense to pay $149 and lose auto-dimming on both sides. Most people would only need the driver side mirror anyway.

Likely not any or much better (except perhaps quality), but thats irrelevant since there are no cheap Model 3 replacements yet. This isnt for everyone.

Meanwhile, given the recent uptick in Model 3 mirror glass thefts in the US, we know the OE parts are as usual a. backordered b. perpetually overpriced.

The autodim is not a big loss (at least to me) since it comes on at the wrong times and too strong (no tint all around), and still not user adjustable via the GUI.

The hydrophobic feature of the replacements should be welcomed as well because the OEs are terrible with sheding water in rain or fog... even with defroster on AND ceramic nano coating.

The hydrophobic feature of the replacements should be welcomed as well because the OEs are terrible with sheding water in rain or fog... even with defroster on AND ceramic nano coating.

A simple solution to this (for OEM mirrors), which I did, was to apply the same ceramic coating to the OE mirrors as you did your car. Alternatively, you could use your left over AquaPel pad after doing your windshield. Again, this is just for folks who have already decided to keep their OEM mirrors for whatever reason.

Some people were curious about what is the difference between mirrors on ebay and Suma Performance Mirrors?

The short answer is quality (We use proprietary/trade secret SOGEL manufacturing process producing these quality performance mirrors). What makes our quality more supreme!? Long answer is below :)

SUMA MIRRORS TRUELY WIDE ANGLE
Suma Performance mirrors are R1000, whereas other mirrors are R1400. (The smaller the R-number, the wider the view). It means that you can see more objects in Suma Performance mirrors.

SUMA MIRRORS TRUELY ANIT-GLARE || COLOR DON'T FADE
Our mirrors go through a stringent, proprietary manufacturing process (SOGEL process) that takes multiple steps/days to produce our signature, blue hue mirrors such that the mirrors themselves are actually clear and colorless (we have several patents and are the only manufacturer uses this proprietary process).

The reason Suma Mirrors look blue is because it absorbs all spectrum of the colors except the blue color that's pleasant to the eyes. Thus, Suma Mirrors effectively reduce glare (the yellow color spectrum, which causes the glare, is absorbed).

Other mirrors, in contrast, they use the vacuum coating process such that the blue color is actually coated on the mirror itself (unlike ours, clear/colorless mirrors that only reflect blue color). Based on that, they are not truly anti-glare because the glare is still reflected to human eyes. In addition, the blue coating will eventually corrode/fade.

SUMA MIRRORS ARE HYDROPHOBIC (WATER REPELLENT)

If you are looking or quality/innovative product, like Tesla, imo Suma Performance mirrors are the obvious choice :)