Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cool find: Mutual Mobile (Tesla "auto rumble sounds") (Tesla "Gas Engine" app)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOTE: Better late than never. Also: Apologies if this has been posted on TMC before (did a search, no dice), but I finally had time and energy to add to the brain trust here at TMC.

...and I figure this is the right sub-category of the TMC forum to post, as this technology will most likely be used in future Tesla EVs (and other EVs?) down the road, not just the Model S.

The irony? From the Website Oilprice.com. Check it out:

July 1 2016:
"The electric car major and Mutual Mobile announced a new app designed to work on Tesla’s Model S that will simulate the sound made by a variety of vehicles and aircraft: from a muscle car, to a fighter jet, and even a spaceship. The Tesla Gas Engine app uses Tesla’s Touchscreen web browser for its interface and a couple of tools from the iPhone 6S for telemetry: the accelerometer and the GPS."
For Those Who Miss the Rumble: Tesla’s Model S Now Has It | OilPrice.com
http://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-N...iss-the-Rumble-Teslas-Model-S-Now-Has-It.html
June 30 2106 Press Release from PR Newswire (with photos!): http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...e-with-help-from-mutual-mobile-300292999.html
Video:

That's just too funny! The one that sounds like a jet would be a hoot.

It does illustrate how superfluous noise will become the not too distant future. In fact, in town I am embarrassed in my Corvette making all that racket. It is kind of like shouting look at me, look at me I am driving older and slower technology. That's embarrassing!

Hmmm.

But why stop with just sound?

Maybe someone will market a new "Hydrocarbon" range of in-car air fresheners, offering a choice of traditional aromas such as:

"Downtown Chicago"

"L.A. rushhour"

and

"Just filled up with Premium" (with the great smell of Benzene) :D