Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Corona Kibosh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leads and adaptors all arrived, charging cards and apps all sorted, toll tag verified and all ready to go - to France. Not anymore :(

No insurance is the clincher, although we also expect the holiday company to pull the accommodation. We work from home so no quarantine issue on return but looks like no-go.

All that said, the cases in France look to be heading out of control so probably for the best. Ironically we moved the holiday from mid July as we thought it would be safer now. C'est la vie!

Leads and adaptors all arrived, charging cards and apps all sorted, toll tag verified and all ready to go - to France. Not anymore :(

No insurance is the clincher, although we also expect the holiday company to pull the accommodation. We work from home so no quarantine issue on return but looks like no-go.

All that said, the cases in France look to be heading out of control so probably for the best. Ironically we moved the holiday from mid July as we thought it would be safer now. C'est la vie!

Yep in the same boat. Due to go 5th September for two weeks to a gîte in the Dordogne. Tunnel crossing booked a month ago, cards and apps sorted, my tag arrived last week and charging cables ordered!

Can’t take the risk of the quarantine still being in force when we get back as would need another two weeks off work. Shame as the Dordogne has much fewer cases than other areas but we have to be sensible and keep safe.

Looks like a staycation for us this year.

I
Yep in the same boat. Due to go 5th September for two weeks to a gîte in the Dordogne. Tunnel crossing booked a month ago, cards and apps sorted, my tag arrived last week and charging cables ordered!

Can’t take the risk of the quarantine still being in force when we get back as would need another two weeks off work. Shame as the Dordogne has much fewer cases than other areas but we have to be sensible and keep safe.

Looks like a staycation for us this year.
I feel your pain. The area we were heading to, Perpignan, also has very few cases, at least at the moment.

Staycation wise, not much available having had a quick look and the prospect of a cool September in the UK isn't too appealing. Suspect a few folk on here are also kiboshed :(

Another here, was due to go to the Dordogne in a month. The Missus looking at places to visit and me suggesting stopping off at Limoges on the way down, because it has a supercharger!

Guess it's Southend Sur mer this year.

I usually do to the Haute-Pyrénées every October but I’m not even risking that this year. Things are just too uncertain and it’s impossible to predict what will happen. I’ve booked a week in Fort Augustus instead. At least we still have the mountains.

Very sorry to hear of all the broken plans...it's a real disappointment. It's especially unfortunate given the majority of France is a 'Green Zone' with just two or three hotspots near Marseilles, Paris and Lille having the majority of increased infections... yet chances can't be taken...
I hope you all find some good touring and holiday spots in the UK. Our Gite's and Chambre d'Hote's await you in 2021:)

Very sorry to hear of all the broken plans...it's a real disappointment. It's especially unfortunate given the majority of France is a 'Green Zone' with just two or three hotspots near Marseilles, Paris and Lille having the majority of increased infections... yet chances can't be taken...
I hope you all find some good touring and holiday spots in the UK. Our Gite's and Chambre d'Hote's await you in 2021:)
To be fair, I would still go, it would depend on want France's retaliation is.

I checked with my boss this morning and, given I've been working from home for the past 4 months, 2 more weeks of it isn't going to make a difference. The only thing that will stop me is France's inevitable tit for tat response. No point going on holidays and being stuck in quarantine whilst there.

The only thing that will stop me is France's inevitable tit for tat response. No point going on holidays and being stuck in quarantine whilst there.
The government is talking of a 'reciprocity measure' however, the last quarantine on British tourists was voluntary and the media here is saying there is no reason to believe the government would change that stance given the threat has vastly reduced.

Reactions: Neilio
When you say "no insurance" do you mean the FCO guidance would invalidate your car insurance?
Our understanding is that most travel insurance is invalidated if you travel contrary to FCO advice. Plus the company providing our accommodation has also pulled because their insurance is also invalidated. Also the French "reciprocity" albeit I reckon that could be navigated around if you wanted to take the risk. For us though, the attention for this year needs to switch to the UK. That trip around Scotland looks interesting

Our understanding is that most travel insurance is invalidated if you travel contrary to FCO advice. Plus the company providing our accommodation has also pulled because their insurance is also invalidated. Also the French "reciprocity" albeit I reckon that could be navigated around if you wanted to take the risk. For us though, the attention for this year needs to switch to the UK. That trip around Scotland looks interesting
I'm with you now... when you said insurance in the first post my mind went straight to car insurance, which I'd not considered would be impacted by FCO guidance

Yes. We were due to go in 3 weeks. I guess it’s NC500 this year for us.

A friend's son and daughter in law are recently back from touring along NC500 route. Already knowing the areas from previous holidays they were appalled. Perhaps with schools going back there will be reduced issues with unrestrained wild camping, litter, passing places filled with parked vehicles etc but it could be worth being prepared to vary your route if necessary.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Roy W. and Mr H
A friend's son and daughter in law are recently back from touring along NC500 route. Already knowing the areas from previous holidays they were appalled. Perhaps with schools going back there will be reduced issues with unrestrained wild camping, litter, passing places filled with parked vehicles etc but it could be worth being prepared to vary your route if necessary.
That's the reason we usually take our holidays outside the school holidays unless there is a show we want to go to. I'll keep an eye on the weather as we won't be going if it's bad, we'll just have a few day trips etc. Thanks for the info

Another here, was due to go to the Dordogne in a month. The Missus looking at places to visit and me suggesting stopping off at Limoges on the way down, because it has a supercharger!

Guess it's Southend Sur mer this year.

Whats wrong with that? Adventure island, walk along the pier, count the number of men without tops on and then repeat.

Looks like our trip to Germany is back on as I’ve found info from the Bristish Embassy in Paris that if using a private car AND using Eurotunnel, quarantine can be avoided by remaining in your vehicle. As long as no new passengers get in and you don’t mix with other people whilst travelling through France

COVID-19 Update: Transit stops | Facebook

Scenario 4 is most pertinent as we intend to stay just inside the German border when coming home and then go to the tunnel from there.

• Informative
Reactions: Lucanesque