Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mask work?

"If it disagrees with experiment, it’s WRONG. In that simple statement is the key to science. It doesn’t make any difference how beautiful your guess is, it doesn’t matter how smart you are, who made the guess, or what his name is… If it disagrees with experiment, it’s wrong. That’s all there is to it.”

Richard Feynman.

So I guess we can agree masks don't work now.

Where’s the experiment? Need an actual experiment. Very difficult to set up.

Discuss the limitations of what we know.

Designing a good experiment is part of good science. And understanding limitations. Also repeatability is important. Do you have repeatable data on mask efficacy or lack thereof?

I think that N95 masks likely work, but I agree we don’t have a good experiment showing actual efficacy. It is very hard, because many people take off masks at some point, and they live with other people.

Genomic sequencing of all cases and also contacts would be a key mandatory part of any such experiment. Must know exactly how virus transmitted.

I still don’t know anyone who got COVID when wearing an N95! (I am sure it is possible though - about as sure as I am that N95s work!)

Last edited:

Designing a good experiment is part of good science. And understanding limitations. Also repeatability is important. Do you have repeatable data on mask efficacy or lack thereof?

I think that N95 masks likely work, but I agree we don’t have a good experiment showing actual efficacy. It is very hard, because many people take off masks at some point, and they live with other people.

Genomic sequencing of all cases and also contacts would be a key mandatory part of any such experiment. Must know exactly how virus transmitted.

I still don’t know anyone who got COVID when wearing an N95! (I am sure it is possible though - about as sure as I am that N95s work!)
Glad you asked. Everywhere is. but Japan is a cracker, and they were doing pretty well untill they stated vaccinating then three giant mask failures, with higher lows and higher highs.

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 16.13.04.png

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Last edited:
Nonsense to the death, man the rolling ramparts, storm the ballistic Bastille, forever fast forward, Rimbaud's drunken boat on the back 40, a true metaphysical season in hell.......last man standing on his head.........we have seen nonreason, and he is us.........oh, are you gonna eat that?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: DrGriz

I can add four people, including myself, to your list who wear N95s and haven't gotten COVID so far. Anecdotal I know.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? This is like wack a random mole to death with your mother's pastry......

Last man without gravy on the balding borders of reality crosses nirvana......
Did you like it how the third guy says that the vaccine increase infections? It's like you're the last person to find out about this.

Last edited: