Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some silverlining on the horizon regarding antibody-testing:

Unispital Zürich revolutioniert Corona-Test

Short translation: The university hospitals of Zürich and Basel have developed a blood test to prove antibodies of Coronavirus, which is secure (no false positives) and can be made even weeks after a possible infection by the virus. The test could be mass procuced in a short period of time. It apperars that PCR Tests were only reliable during an active infection.

This, if true, would be perfect.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but Stanford researchers found N95 masks could be sterilized and reused with almost no loss of filtration efficiency by putting them in the oven at 70 degrees C (158 F) for 30 min

mask-ppe-EBM-v1.1-3-22-20.pdf - Box

I hope it works at something like 250 as well without destroying the mask.

Residential ovens can’t consistently produce 158 degrees.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV
Perfect for what ?

Perfect for the whole messy situation. Anybody who's tested to have antibodies is (as of actual knwoledge) immune to the virus. Those immune persons can go back to normal life and work. They could be recruited to help in hospitals (Switzerland is about to do this) and other crucial sectors etc.

If you consider the situation in the south of Switzerland or Italy / Lombaria, where the healthcare system is overloaded ore even worde, this would help a lot, without putting the of the so recruited personnel at risk. I would volonteer gladly if I knew to have antibodies against Cronavirus instead of staying at home.

This doesn't sound good:
SARS-CoV-2 RNA was identified on a variety of surfaces in cabins of both symptomatic and asymptomatic infected passengers up to 17 days after cabins were vacated on the Diamond Princess but before disinfection procedures had been conducted (Takuya Yamagishi, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, personal communication, 2020).
Does that mean active virus or just inactive remains?
Public Health Responses to COVID-19 Outbreaks on Cruise Ships...

Someone at arcgis.com has succeeded in putting the real data up for the US... I am posting a snapshot. again local numbers are posted per county, for the first time in weeks.

This is important to see because of the false narrative being presented every day by the "government".

It looks to me like we have more weeks of exponential numbers to experience. This should also map to population density.

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

upload_2020-3-24_8-34-9.png

Well put. I wonder when/if NYC will get to that point? Cultural differences and the like...

Doesn’t it look like only NYC is out of control? CA and WA look OK.

On a log scale, any constant positive slope is out of control. Although California and Washington are not as bad as NYC, doubling deaths every week is not slow.

I’ve seen far too many posts downplay the deaths as small compared to the flu, which globally kills about 300 to 600k each year. CV is now killing at twice the rate at 1M / year globally.

Exponential growth means that even if CV deaths “only” double weekly, next week CV will kill at a rate of 2M per year, then 4M/year a week later, then 16M/year within a month if the curve doesn’t flatten on a logarithmic scale.

With all the efforts to combat CV worldwide, the hope is to decrease the logarithmic slope of CV deaths. Far from that, the logarithmic slope has been increasing worldwide, and linear for the US.

So this is not ok.

On a log scale, any constant positive slope is out of control.
I understand your sentiment about the math but increasing and 'out of control' are not the same depending on context. In each scenario wide-spread infection will eventually occur but they can vastly differ in how long it takes until your favorite social structure collapses, or if it collapses at all.

CA, MA and WA are 'flattening the curve.' Elsewhere they are not

Someone at arcgis.com has succeeded in putting the real data up for the US... I am posting a snapshot. again local numbers are posted per county, for the first time in weeks.

This is important to see because of the false narrative being presented every day by the "government".

It looks to me like we have more weeks of exponential numbers to experience. This should also map to population density.

View attachment 525067

Now do that same map with infections per capita. Honestly, that map looks like a population map. Yes, there are hotspots, but you really need to look at per capita for it to be useful.

View attachment 525067

It really matches that maps which shows abnormal fever cases excpet california. We can use that as early warnin.