Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.. and up again on Monday

I suggest ppl do not give to much weight on daily numbers. The swings are also due to totally overwhelmed laboratories and the fact that not everybody’s working 24/7/7.

No the normal ppl don't they consume more the mainstream media, and are driven by fear and uncertanity.

That's what i posted this morning.

It looks like that switzerland has peaked on friday. On sunday it got a delay in cases on worldometers, that's the reason it was yesterday near the peak. So in the last three days we had a small declining.

Last edited:
I can't believe it....
Flori-duh

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.38.31 AM.jpg

No the normal ppl don't they consume more the mainstream media, and are driven by fear and uncertanity.

That's what i posted this morning.

It looks like that switzerland has peaked on friday. On sunday it got a delay in cases on worldometers, that's the reason it was yesterday near the peak. So in the last three days we had a small declining.

this does not look like a reversal IMO
( directly from worldometer)

I think we'll see a significant improvement in California growth rate within 1-2 weeks. Your numbers are definitely being skewed by New York, which is legitimately terrifying. The deaths will be astounding in a week or two - far exceeding that of Italy I would think. We'll be #1!

I do hope that Gavin Newsom considers enforcing quarantines on people from New York & other problem areas. We do need to cut off additional seeding and there's really no reason to travel to California anyway.

I don't know when Tesla might come back online. Hopefully Musk will get out there on Twitter and let all his followers know how serious this is and how important it is to stay inside.
Sure, NY is a hot spot right now, but all hotspots tend to cool off after a while. My concern is that the virus is spreading to lots of areas that are not yet visible as hotspots. This is what can keep case growth growing at high rates for quite awhile.

Places that are already in lock down are doing what they can to slow local case growth. What concerns me are all the other places that are not yet in lock down. They are simply waiting for things to get bad enough locally to take any meaningful action. They are waiting to become the next hotspot, but the embers are already there.

And actually you probably shouldn't look at CA as a whole - metro areas are what count. And unfortunately the worst area in CA is the bay area, SF in particular. With Fremont just across the bay, I doubt it'll open up soon.
The whole supply chain must be able to support manufacturing. One missing part can keep the factory down. So really the whole pandemic needs to be simmering down everywhere before the whole supply chain can function.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
Sure, NY is a hot spot right now, but all hotspots tend to cool off after a while. My concern is that the virus is spreading to lots of areas that are not yet visible as hotspots. This is what can keep case growth growing at high rates for quite awhile.

Places that are already in lock down are doing what they can to slow local case growth. What concerns me are all the other places that are not yet in lock down. They are simply waiting for things to get bad enough locally to take any meaningful action. They are waiting to become the next hotspot, but the embers are already there.
This is 100% happening in Philadelphia. Over the weekend the bars and restaurants were closed, but there were plenty of loud parties like a normal Friday /Saturday night.

I'm in the hip party neighborhood(obviously), but I think the gravity of the situation wasn't appreciated citywide until Monday.

• Informative
Reactions: Todesbuckler
What concerns me are all the other places that are not yet in lock down. They are simply waiting for things to get bad enough locally to take any meaningful action. They are waiting to become the next hotspot, but the embers are already there.

Oh for sure. This is exactly my concern. It’s not so much a concern as it is an obvious problem. We should have called for a national pause two weeks ago or more.

As it is, we’ve likely now lost a couple weeks. There are some places without significant restrictions which are already hotter than California was when they started their lockdown.

“Luckily” it might not be a two-week loss, because NY is so bad that it is possible these other places could lock down now and be cooler down concurrent or even before NY. We’ll see.

In any case, need a national pause now, just like we needed over a month ago.

It would be nice to get started on trying to solve this issue. Not sure what everyone is waiting for. There does not seem to be a lot of action, other than rash actions, and discussion of even more rash actions (stopping the restrictions) that will further tank the economy.

The market is going down because we have not done a 100% halt! Once we do that, we will soon thereafter start to finally see the recovery both of the market, and a little later the true economy. If we open things back up now, the bottom will likely fall out of the market. And the economy of course will be even more seriously damaged by trying to start it up again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean Wagner
Read the article. The man didn’t ingest chloroquine, he ingested the phosphate salt of it.
I am not an MD or pharmacist, but fairly handy with Google, and it seems chloroquine phosphate is the active substance in another, similar drug to hydroxychloroquine or Plaquenil. It is listed as having VERY HIGH cardio-toxicity.

They were definitely not following any doctor's orders eating fish tank cleaner form the pet shop. Instead relying on presidential tweets. Not a good idea.

• Love
Reactions: bkp_duke
As many in EU already noticed, the reception of the population is always the same, with phases of denial, underestimation, protest for the persepective of lack of freedom and economic consequences, then shifting fast on realizing that there's no escape and it's already late to lockdown everything and screaming at people that doesn't respect the isolation, to the point of wishing to denounce who goes around with no good reason and taking picture with the mobiles.

Well put. I wonder when/if NYC will get to that point? Cultural differences and the like...

Doesn’t it look like only NYC is out of control? CA and WA look OK.

As many in EU already noticed, the reception of the population is always the same, with phases of denial, underestimation, protest for the persepective of lack of freedom and economic consequences, then shifting fast on realizing that there's no escape and it's already late to lockdown everything and screaming at people that doesn't respect the isolation, to the point of wishing to denounce who goes around with no good reason and taking picture with the mobiles.

If all that seems unlikely to you, you'll see. The pattern has been repeating in all EU countries, shifted of weeks.

South Korea-Japan-China as an example? Is too late. And no western countries can arrive at their degree of control on people.

Put together those two graphs and you realize the delay of US. Scary. Sorry to sound pessimist.

ET1FmRRWkAI4QKw

screen-shot-2020-03-24-at-12-42-45-am-png.524963

Thanks for posting this. Can you share the source of the state-by-state restriction map? It's a very handy tool.