Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Added some numbers to Elon's tweet.
View attachment 600041

Looks like both cases and death are increasing

upload_2020-10-19_9-29-56.png

upload_2020-10-19_9-30-56.png

Looks like both cases and death are increasing

View attachment 600056
View attachment 600057
Also testing... Very likely Sweden had a lot more cases in April than now.

One of my pet peeves with for example John Campbell and other popular commentator that they often we use the word cases very loosely. For example North Korea has had zero cases. What does this statement actually mean? Imo we should be very specific in our wording. Like
Cases
Confirmed cases
Reported confirmed cases

Which imo are not always strictly the same.

I would say that Sweden today has a similar level of reported confirmed cases (and confirmed cases) but likely much fewer cases. North Korea have zero reported confirmed cases but unknown number of cases.

Reactions: Doggydogworld
Possibly more post-infection troubles

Doctors probe whether COVID-19 is causing diabetes

"Mario Buelna, a healthy 28-year-old father, caught a fever and started having trouble breathing in June. He soon tested positive for COVID-19.
Weeks later, after what had seemed like a recovery, he felt weak and started vomiting. At 3 a.m. on Aug. 1, he passed out on the floor of his home in Mesa, Arizona.
Paramedics rushed him to a nearby hospital, where doctors put him in intensive care after saving him from a coma. They told him he could have died. Their diagnosis – type 1 diabetes – stunned and frightened him. He had no history of the disease.
“COVID triggered it,” Buelna said the doctors told him.
“COVID could be causing diabetes from scratch,” said Dr. Francesco Rubino, a diabetes researcher and chair of metabolic and bariatric surgery at King’s College London.
In a study published in August, researchers at Imperial College in London and several hospitals there found that cases of type 1 diabetes among children nearly doubled to 30 during late March to early June - as the pandemic raged - compared to the same period in previous years. Five of the children tested positive for a prior coronavirus infection, but the study’s authors said many of the children were not tested."

I skimmed https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/10/17/sturgis-rally-spread/ the other night. If you get hit by their paywall, these may work:
How the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally may have spread coronavirus across the Upper Midwest
https://archive.is/ApJkL

The story of the COVID flight from hell at Collapsing passengers, CDC missteps and "public health malpractice": The story of the COVID flight from hell - CBS News was on 60 Minutes on Sunday night. Story is 13.5 minutes long and not behind the CBS All Access paywall yet. The handling of the passengers was unbelievably bad. It might not be viewable outside the US.

Three COVID-19 positive people were let onto the flight after coming off the cruise ship where it seemed like “everyone” was coughing. When they got to Atlanta, nobody was tested for COVID-19 and other than three positive passengers, everyone else was free to go w/no quarantine.

OT:
is under 5 minutes long. Apparently, Wuhan's becoming a tourist destination for Chinese.

I saw the 60 minute piece and after it I told my wife (who didn't see it) how the nurse from the plane said that at the US airport the CDC people were just interested in getting people out of the airport telling people who registered fevers to sit down for awhile before checking them again. No testing, no quarantining all the sick people. They only took the 3 people who had tested positive before getting on the plane. My wife said those CDC people could not be scientists or medically trained people. No ethical nurse or physician would have set all those people loose to spread the virus.

Yes, Daniel 6000 dead Swedes is fun thing to think about, but not politically correct thing to say or rate.
View attachment 600133
I have a dark sense of humor. What's funny is how dumb Elon's tweets about the pandemic are.
I do think he'll end up being right about this one though:
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 10.05.25 AM.png

This winter surge is going to be brutal though.

I have a dark sense of humor. What's funny is how dumb Elon's tweets about the pandemic are.
I do think he'll end up being right about this one though:
View attachment 600144
This winter surge is going to be brutal though.

Yep, probably close to zero new cases in US in April 2021, I am optimistic that that is possible. Though not a guarantee. Elon is so prescient.

He's very excited about Sweden's success. Really a model we can all follow.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
Yeah, if it becomes established that re-infection is a reality (and possibly worse on repeat bouts) that could have an impact on the narrative.

I have seen anecdotal reports of re-infections showing up on one of the support forums for positive folks. Who knows what the real rate is, but I can imagine it could be happening and not getting reported based my personal experiences with the medical system. I doubt that if I had two significantly time separated positive tests with symptoms, that my HMO would launch any sort of investigation etc to figure out if it was real reinfection or not via genetic sequencing or however they are doing it.

I have seen anecdotal reports of re-infections showing up on one of the support forums for positive folks. Who knows what the real rate is, but I can imagine it could be happening and not getting reported based my personal experiences with the medical system. I doubt that if I had two significantly time separated positive tests with symptoms, that my HMO would launch any sort of investigation etc to figure out if it was real reinfection or not via genetic sequencing or however they are doing it.
People outside the US don't understand how the US health insurance system works. The HMO or PPO would insist they don't have to pay because it's the same disease the hospital had treated the person for a few weeks earlier.

Garland Woman Dies From COVID-19 While on Domestic Flight

woman with COVID-19 died while on a flight from Arizona to Texas in July. The woman, in her 30s died July 25 while the plane was parked on the apron. The woman had difficulty breathing and was given oxygen but died on the jetway. The county just received the official cause of death today (Oct 18) and that's why it's being reported now.

• Funny
Reactions: KG M3 and madodel
Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: madodel
Kansas nursing home: 10 people have died after all residents got Covid-19 - CNN

10 people have died after every resident of a Kansas nursing home got Covid-19

"All 62 residents at the privately owned Andbe Home in Norton have tested positive for the virus, the release states.
"Steps are being taken to prevent any further outbreak including quarantining residents in their rooms and not allowing outside visitors into the facility," the release says, adding that relatives of all residents have been notified."
------------------
Horses. Barn doors.

Guess that would be the cost of going for herd immunity among that part of the population.