Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember that first bump for India was "A Humanitarian Crisis"

But after they popularise ivermectin they suddenly can't count anymore.

I look forward to reading your paper on that.
Counting was never good and remains so for obvious reasons. Median age 29 also helps reduce reporting.

India early spring 2021 case peak lower than UK’s ~summer 2022 case peak.

So as I said…

Last edited:
How do you explain this?
View attachment 888604
Check it, they used your chart in this meme, what are the chances?
1672739973035.png

Oh at least this forum is not as insane as others.

Invariably they all have a Covid thread but the one I was on this morning took the cake.

Instead of saying "I hope Damar Hamlin is okay"... the first thing they say is that he and all the recent cases of young athletes collapsing is because of the Covid vaccine.

My head almost exploded.

My response: "Exported lemons"

But seriously... I hope he's gets over this and it was a tragic incident but my first thought wasn't "Oh... long Covid"... what makes people think this way... really?

Bodies Pile Up in China as Covid Surge Overwhelms Crematoriums
(Worked for me only in a private tab/window)

"Bodies Pile Up in China as Covid Surge Overwhelms Crematoriums
Funeral home worker says ‘the whole system is paralyzed’
'We can’t afford to die’: Soaring cremation prices stir anger

"Public notices at Longhua over the weekend explained that the crematorium had received more than 500 corpses on that day, roughly five times more than it typically handles, according to one funeral goer. After hours of waiting, each family was given five-to-10 minutes to mourn in a no-frills ceremony, fighting for space in a cramped room with bodies laying on stretchers, zipped up in yellow body bags."
-------------
Have read about crematoriums being busy already in articles a week or two ago.

Can't hide all the data, something will get out...

Bodies Pile Up in China as Covid Surge Overwhelms Crematoriums
(Worked for me only in a private tab/window)

"Bodies Pile Up in China as Covid Surge Overwhelms Crematoriums
Funeral home worker says ‘the whole system is paralyzed’
'We can’t afford to die’: Soaring cremation prices stir anger

"Public notices at Longhua over the weekend explained that the crematorium had received more than 500 corpses on that day, roughly five times more than it typically handles, according to one funeral goer. After hours of waiting, each family was given five-to-10 minutes to mourn in a no-frills ceremony, fighting for space in a cramped room with bodies laying on stretchers, zipped up in yellow body bags."
-------------
Have read about crematoriums being busy already in articles a week or two ago.

Can't hide all the data, something will get out...
It's all those vaccinations. Trust me I'm a rocket surgeon.

Be sure not to immunize Elon then, before you blast him off to Mars. But I would insist he wears a mask.
I have lots of practice saying "He's dead Jim". That has almost always been the main qualification for professional rocket surgeons. Have no fear, I will make certain that the Mars mission is vaccine free.

Below 'summary' article was based on 14-Dec-2022 Nature SARS-CoV-2 infection and persistence in the human body and brain at autopsy - Nature

“In the most comprehensive autopsy tissue study conducted to date, researchers have found traces of the SARS-CoV-2 virus throughout the entire body, from the brain and the heart to the eyes”
The findings indicate the virus can cause persistent infections in many parts of the body, months past an initial illness, and support the argument for further research into antiviral drugs as possible treatment for long COVID.

Paxlovid, and I suspect a few other antivirals are being studied. Long covid is already a huge burden on our society as well as the individuals it affects.

A couple of nested threads about XBB1.5 explaining the concerns.

We’ll see how much sustained advantage it can have. Compared to other variants it seems like actually is a bit more of a concern. In this country there is always the question of in which populations is the variant gaining an advantage, of course. Definitely seems like we’ll get a bump.

A couple of nested threads about XBB1.5 explaining the concerns.

We’ll see how much sustained advantage it can have. Compared to other variants it seems like actually is a bit more of a concern. In this country there is always the question of in which populations is the variant gaining an advantage, of course. Definitely seems like we’ll get a bump.

One claim here is that it is not the immune escape driving the growth advantage - it is the intrinsic transmissibility. (Because many other variants should have similar immune escape.). So the transmissibility may be restored to the level of prior variants (not sure about that) which had good ACE2 binding.

So anyway we’ll see how long that can drive things up. The good news is that ongoing infections seem like they should snub XBB1.5 if that is the case. Many people are very likely immune and this will probably prevent explosive growth. It’s just going to be a bit better at finding people without immunity, due to lower dose required. All speculation on my part. How this stuff actually works is very complicated at this point!

I don’t know whether ACE2 binding will affect severity and symptoms, though. Especially at this point. No idea. I don’t remember which changes/binding changed the affinity to cell types and slightly moved COVID out of the lungs (and so reduced Delta severity to something similar to the original SARS2). Hard to keep track.

Probably won’t be a big change though since this is so similar to everything else circulating (and no change has been noted).

Last edited:
Reactions: DrGriz
Below 'summary' article was based on 14-Dec-2022 Nature SARS-CoV-2 infection and persistence in the human body and brain at autopsy - Nature

“In the most comprehensive autopsy tissue study conducted to date, researchers have found traces of the SARS-CoV-2 virus throughout the entire body, from the brain and the heart to the eyes”
Even more interesting is this one, about unbound proteins:

Those particular circuitous spike proteins, interestingly enough, have only been detected in the pericardial/myocardial tissue of commie pinkos reds, and among those only select pinko red bots of the chainsaw-toting clan, Chaintotius pinkious. Thought to be the victims of a unique genetic susceptibility. Interesting because commie pinkos reds had long been thought not to have hearts at all. In fact, it had long been said that the only good commie is one that's dead. The noted exception to all known spike protein research is Spike Lee, who is still under scientific scrutiny.
Just spitballing here but any chance the folks who wrote the Walking Dead scripts gave them to these genetic mutants in Wuhan as the basis for the fake COVID enhancement project? I’d like someone to do my research for me.

Reactions: DrGriz and PACEMD