Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Corrective Steering Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During the past couple of weeks I have come up on my screen "Corrective Steering Action Required". This has happened driving in a straight line on city streets, when all of sudden the steering wheel starts to go back and fourth violently. Scares the hell out of you as you think the car is going to crash. Has anyone else experience this?

That's weird. Mine did some dangerous corrective steering this morning, but it was because it didn't like my (very very slightly risky) lane change. Yanked me back toward the original lane, confusing the hell out of the guy behind me, causing him to think it was abandoning the lane change, and making the situation more dangerous. Pretty frustrating.

Your complaint sounds like a bug in the system; mine is just a complaint that I don't want the car force-correcting my intentional behavior. This latest software release has become much more invasive.

Anyone know if there is a way to disable the motor that controls the auto-steering?

Reactions: Rottenapplr
I turned off the lane departure assist and that has helped. Emergency lane departure is getting pretty annoying because it confuses mundane stuff and makes corrections which is frankly scary. I turn it off it if rains I can even imagine causing me to wreck on wet roads.
Kinda thinking about this. This is dangerous. Tesla needs to make this defeatable

I turned off the lane departure assist and that has helped. Emergency lane departure is getting pretty annoying because it confuses mundane stuff and makes corrections which is frankly scary. I turn it off it if rains I can even imagine causing me to wreck on wet roads.
Kinda thinking about this. This is dangerous. Tesla needs to make this defeatable

Please consider letting Tesla know via email [email protected] or their support page - they state they prioritize based on customer input so input away...

Reactions: Bill Foster
Where would that be? Would be very useful if there was?

For ELDA, there is ON, or OFF, and OFF gets reset to ON on every Drive.
For LDA there is Warn (Off - just vibrate) or Assist (On)

It's confusing to call Vibrate Off when it also allows complete "Off" on LDA.

LDA has 3 options - Off, Warning or Assist.

I wish ELDA had the same options as LDA and would stick.

It's confusing to call Vibrate Off when it also allows complete "Off" on LDA.

LDA has 3 options - Off, Warning or Assist.

I wish ELDA had the same options as LDA and would stick.

Setting it to "Warning" turns off the "Corrective Steering" which was the subject of this thread.

But I'm positive there isn't a setting to adjust the 'sensitivity' which is mainly what I was responding to. Unless "On/Off" is considered sensitivity.

• Informative
Reactions: mswlogo
Setting it to "Warning" turns off the "Corrective Steering" which was the subject of this thread.

But I'm positive there isn't a setting to adjust the 'sensitivity' which is mainly what I was responding to. Unless "On/Off" is considered sensitivity.

Understood.

I would hope folks know that not selecting assist shuts off corrective steering. And some folks might be annoyed by the vibrate and warning too and want that off as well.

I was on a curvy mountain road yesterday and both coming and going in the same place, it corrected my steering which didn't need to be corrected. It must not have liked the road markings or perhaps the large rocks on the canyon walls. The road was freshly paved with perfectly painted lines.

The vibrate happens at odd times in my car. Driving a straight road at 3-40 mph and nothing unusual and it vibrates. I am trying to figure out what sets it off.

Reviving this old thread to note that I had an unnecessary corrective steering event this morning.

I reviewed the dash cam footage and there was a semi truck 2 lanes over from me. The car in the adjacent lane was 150 ft behind me. However, when I attempted to change to the adjacent lane, the car yanked me back into my lane.

Reviving this old thread to note that I had an unnecessary corrective steering event this morning.

I reviewed the dash cam footage and there was a semi truck 2 lanes over from me. The car in the adjacent lane was 150 ft behind me. However, when I attempted to change to the adjacent lane, the car yanked me back into my lane.

Were you signaling? It'll do this to me if I'm a bit lazy with my signaling and don't get on the signal before I start to drift to the next lane. Was there an audible alert or just the correction?

Were you signaling? It'll do this to me if I'm a bit lazy with my signaling and don't get on the signal before I start to drift to the next lane. Was there an audible alert or just the correction?

Yes I was signaling. There was a correction and then a bevy of alarms (3 or 4 times beep beep beep).

Trying to upload the video here, but evidently this site won’t accept MP4 files.