Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Could not Join WiFi - The Internet is Unreachable" error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else encountered this error? I am unable to connect the car to my WiFi and this error keeps popping up. The WiFi is fully functioning and has my other devices connected with no problem. Any troubleshooting suggestions?

The error specifically reads:

Title - Could Not Join "xxWiFi Namexx"

Body-The internet is unreachable. Please check your firewall settings and Internet connection.
[Cancel] or [Retry]

What is your WiFi network? Standard stuff from the cable/phone company? Your own router / wifi?

What IP address are you using on your internal network?

What is the signal strength?
I use my own Eero routers yes my network, the car has worked perfectly fine on it previously. I noticed that the cars latest update was stuck halfway through and thats when I discovered it was unable to connect. Signal strength is full bars.

I am not sure about IP address, is there anything I should or should not be using? My iphone and computer and all other devices have zero problem.

You could try the complete power down trick. Sit in car, use the menu to power down. Don't touch anything. Wait for about 5 minutes and then hit the brake.

Regarding IP address - I recall that Tesla uses one of the non routable IP addresses for it's internal VPN. If you happen to collide with that then there may be problems. I don't recall what the address range was though.