Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Courtesy call from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you read through the various waiting rooms for the other countries deliveries are never entirely on reservation or order date. Its how straightforward the transaction was to move as many cars as fast as possible. So cash paying straight forward spec orders with no part ex would result in them getting cars off their forecourts first.

Comparing order / invoice numbers is probably a bit pointless imho. Quickest most straightforward transactions first to move cars off their extremely limited space was how it happened everywhere else if you read though the forum pages.

It should, but it would appear not. Tesla has repeatedly assured those who reserved on Day 1 would get the car first - but they were lieing.

If you read through the various waiting rooms for the other countries deliveries are never entirely on reservation or order date. Its how straightforward the transaction was to move as many cars as fast as possible. So cash paying straight forward spec orders with no part ex would result in them getting cars off their forecourts first.

Comparing order / invoice numbers is probably a bit pointless imho. Quickest most straightforward transactions first to move cars off their extremely limited space was how it happened everywhere else if you read though the forum pages.

It may make perfect sense. nonetheless, I will be learning from my mistake of making a reservation way back in 2016. I won't be doing it again. As far as I remember I was reserving a 'slot' and expected to be shown consideration for showing support for Tesla. It seems that Tesla really don't give a rats arse.

I reserved close to 09.00 on Thu 31 Mar 2016, but wasn't in a hurry to order on 1 May 2019 because based on all the information I had received up until that point I thought my place in the queue had been reserved. As a result I wasn't one of the first to order on 1 May and so I don't have one of the highest order numbers. Despite ordering a pretty near top spec car with cash payment and no trade-in or anything complicated, I still have no VIN or sign of a delivery date, so to me it does sound like the order date/time could be more important than the reservation date, which does conflict with what those reserving early were promised.

Totally agree.
I’m in the same situation and frustrated with the Tesla back office incompetence / arrogance / disrespect for its early supporters (delete as appropriate)! Some accurate and honest communication and expectation management would go along way to restoring the customer advocacy that they will need to conquer this market.

I also got a call today. Checking my postcode, pick up location and how I was going to pay. I asked if they had a delivery date and said no confirmed date around the end of July start of August was his best guess. He said I would be allocated a car on one of the boats but did not know anymore. Next I would get a final bill and payment bank details.

I also got a call today. Checking my postcode, pick up location and how I was going to pay. I asked if they had a delivery date and said no confirmed date around the end of July start of August was his best guess. He said I would be allocated a car on one of the boats but did not know anymore. Next I would get a final bill and payment bank details.

There has been loads of this sort of contact for UK reservation holders today by the sounds of it. Im thinking either they are responding fo everyone’s frustration or they are expecting cars within a couple of weeks and are gearing up.

Personally making contact just to say we know nothing just creates more frustration so I think they are gearing up. 4000 RHD 3rd week of July is my bet. :cool:

I was contacted today too. They just seemed to want to check order, payment and which store I’d selected but couldn’t say when the car was due. Another day 1 reservation, May 1st order (number 142) with no details when the car is actually due. Rather irritating that some who reserved and ordered later have their cars.

Reactions: RamsfanJim
I reserved close to 09.00 on Thu 31 Mar 2016, but wasn't in a hurry to order on 1 May 2019 because based on all the information I had received up until that point I thought my place in the queue had been reserved. As a result I wasn't one of the first to order on 1 May and so I don't have one of the highest order numbers. Despite ordering a pretty near top spec car with cash payment and no trade-in or anything complicated, I still have no VIN or sign of a delivery date, so to me it does sound like the order date/time could be more important than the reservation date, which does conflict with what those reserving early were promised.

Spot on. Almost exactly the same as me. Cash purchase, no px and a high-value car

Totally agree.
I’m in the same situation and frustrated with the Tesla back office incompetence / arrogance / disrespect for its early supporters (delete as appropriate)! Some accurate and honest communication and expectation management would go along way to restoring the customer advocacy that they will need to conquer this market.

I would delete arrogance.. I suspect a healthy dose of incompetence completed with a topping of disrespect. I mean, it's not like they didn't have time to plan for this...

Reactions: Roy W.

But that would make it a complete lottery. Whilst it is badly managed/communicated, I don't think it's a complete lottery. Well, I hope not!! ;(

Same. The only difference here was in addition to not being in a hurry to order, I was travelling and not in a position to order. I completely agree with your comments.