Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

COVID Delivery Delay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang. The delivery of my new Model 3 was supposed to happen today but because of the NSW lockdowns and the border closure with QLD (where I am) it has been put on hold until they can get it up here. I know it's only a car and I do want people to be safe but I can't help but feel disappointed. Fingers crossed they can get it up here safely sometime soon.

Reactions: Hairyman
Dang. The delivery of my new Model 3 was supposed to happen today but because of the NSW lockdowns and the border closure with QLD (where I am) it has been put on hold until they can get it up here. I know it's only a car and I do want people to be safe but I can't help but feel disappointed. Fingers crossed they can get it up here safely sometime soon.
Might be a while

Reactions: muddie
Shame they can’t FSD it up there for you.

Sydney lockdown might end in October at this rate.

• Funny
Sadly I have to agree - delivery could be delayed for a while. The lock-down protest of 3,500 (mostly) maskless people in the centre of the city (effectively creating a super-spreader event) certainly won't aid in early lifting of the lock-down either.

Reactions: Wol747
I'll bring it up for you, can someone drop it off in Ballina?

Sadly I have to agree - delivery could be delayed for a while. The lock-down protest of 3,500 (mostly) maskless people in the centre of the city (effectively creating a super-spreader event) certainly won't aid in early lifting of the lock-down either.
I would say it beggars belief, but I'd believe anything nowadays. Some people are knuckleheads.

Reactions: Wol747 and Leeroy
I'll bring it up for you, can someone drop it off in Ballina?
I’ve been trying to come up with something like that. Wondering if it gets to the border if the car is allowed over if there is no one in it. Lots of logistics issues though. Like my personalised plates are up here and all the stuff in the finance contract saying that only I can take delivery etc. I just have to be patient and hope things settle down quickly down there. And yes, that a certain subset of the population stops acting like knuckleheads.

I just called (as I was being impatient) and got told that shipments are continuing to come up, just not as quickly as they would like. So I don't have to wait until lockdown finishes or the border opens back up. They said it will be soonish, they just don't know exactly when.
Tesla ‘soon’. Now you are in trouble. (possibly only early adopters will understand tesla soon)

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok and muddie
Woo hoo! I have a new official delivery date. 4th August. To be fair to them the original delivery window they gave me was 21 July to 4 August so they did just make it according to that first window. They later gave me an official delivery date of the 26th but as per description above that one slipped for the reasons outlined. But they still made it just inside the original window so props I guess.

Reactions: Vostok
I picked it up this afternoon!! So excited. I have only driven it home 100km so far. Still in lockdown so can’t go out just driving. It only had 34% charge when I picked it up too. It is a brand new delivery centre and they don’t have proper charging set up yet and there were well over 100 cars in there. The guy who did the handover said he was sorry and that he would put my referral code in to someone else’s pickup who didn’t use a code so I will get an additional 1,500ks free super charging.