Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO 2017 Models S or Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would love to get the group feedback.

I finally found a nice 2017 CPO S75 with all the specs I am looking for: Midnight Grey, Black Leather, AP2, Premium Sound.

It is CPO with 4K Miles for $69K. The original configuration is about $90K,

I also just learned that my Model 3 should be ready in Jan-Feb time.

What do you guys think? Would you go for the S or wait for the Model 3?

The S does not have the Dual Motor, Air Suspension, or the Free Supercharging.

Agreed. I just purchased a brand new November build inventory S75 with every feature and upgrade except wheels, full self driving, and rear facing seats. It was $85k. It is uncorked with AP 2.5. I used a referral code to get unlimited super charging. You can still do that. Let me know if you need a code.

All that to say, I think the $69k is too high. New is not much higher and has the uncorking, AP 2.5, and super charging. Likely a better interest rate and the kicker, a $7,500 tax rebate. I would go with an inventory S75.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Good feedback ... the referral code does not work for CPO. It would have to be new or inventory to get the Free Super charging. So here are the complete options on this one: Premium Package, AP2, Glass roof, Leather Premium seats, upgraded Audio, and EAP (AP2). It sounds like the feedback here is that the $69K is not such a good deal. The fact that the EV incentive seems to survive the Tax plan gives more reason to wait for the 3.

Sorry, I know the code doesn’t work on a CPO (just like the tax credit), I just meant in comparison to new.

I agree, either get a model 3 or get a new S. This CPO has very little, if any, real savings. You can’t go wrong with a S or 3. The 3 is shaping up to be a awesome car.

I was in the same predicament until yesterday during a random call to my CPO Advisor revealed a great deal on a CPO P85 was available (and not yet published online)... I've been on that M3 reservation list since day 1 (nearly 2 years ago) and ironic that after checking for CPO "deals" for over 2 years I finally found something that appealed to me AND the family budget, and only a couple months (maybe) before my reservation was next in line (now that I'm a Tesla owner I will surely get THAT configure-now call tomorrow...).

All depends upon your needs and wants as to the answer for your question. I was not overjoyed when I found out the M3 had only a traditional trunk and not a hatchback to better suit my active lifestyle. I do happen to love the concept of the MS hatchback for storage/transport of bikes, bookcases, future camping possibilities apparently, etc. Not being able to test drive the long range M3, I will naturally wonder how much I'm missing (likely a lot per reviews), along with AP and the concept of the car eventually making money for me on the Tesla Network. That was quite appealing about the M3.

With only 4k miles on the clock of that S75, and with the CPO warranty resetting to a fresh 4 yr 50k miles, seems like as near a new car as you could ask for... With a brand new car and its $10k in Fed/CA tax incentives, is it worth it to you to save $6k to get a car with 4k miles (not knowing its driving history is near-irrelevant since Tesla warranties it for another 4 years)? Up to you and your budget. I've never owned a new car and thought the M3 would be my first...guess it was not meant to be!

Happily looking forward to my "new" CPO Tesla!

All depends upon your needs and wants as to the answer for your question. I was not overjoyed when I found out the M3 had only a traditional trunk and not a hatchback to better suit my active lifestyle. I do happen to love the concept of the MS hatchback for storage/transport of bikes, bookcases, future camping possibilities apparently, etc.

This is a great point and one that many people seem to overlook. The M3 has half the luggage space of a MS.

Reactions: Don TLR
This is a great point and one that many people seem to overlook. The M3 has half the luggage space of a MS.

From what I've seen, the M3 with 300+ miles of range is really what makes people question their judgement about buying an S instead. I believe that it's like comparing apples to oranges, but to each their own I guess.