Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cpo experience growing pains 201685d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello I went for s no frills cpo 2016 85d and here are my growing pains .

The purchase process was very smooth but I did a lot of research and made sure to buy a car located in my state make sure that when you view car in tesla used inventory that you specify your zip code and car is marked as in your state otherwise you are certain to face lots of delays and extra costs of delivery .
It took grand total of 6 days from when I clicked buy to delivery of car .

Here goes the growing pains :
1) 12v battery low warning next day tesla mobile called for service free change
2) rear driver side handle fails to open next week . Tesla mobile called free repair
3) discover I am missing ap1 software for auto pilot and Tesla has dispatched mobile today to fix we hope

You must get the 4 year warranty in cpo cause these cars are fragile after 3 years stuff just starts breaking and the Repair cost with out warranty is crazy .

Do a check list of all electronics when delivery. I wish I would have tested auto pilot who the eff knew it was missing ? Test the Audio standard Audi o blows man . Test all door handles check tire pressure . Check software versions . Check lte Check high bit rate steaming . I know a lot more now and more informed to purchase again . Check the paint with a flash light damn Sevice center dark as hell .
Ask questions ask as many as you can . Check glove compartment .

I have 134k miles,
Problems, 2 door mechanism bad. I replaced myself. Got them off eBay. Gears are $1.20. And micro switche harness are about 50
Motor replaced free at 133k.
My car wa built 6 jan 2013 with 2012 parts.
It cost no to get it fixed than a Mercedes. And we have a lot less to go broke.

Reactions: dedicatedtek
I have 134k miles,
Problems, 2 door mechanism bad. I replaced myself. Got them off eBay. Gears are $1.20. And micro switche harness are about 50
Motor replaced free at 133k.
My car wa built 6 jan 2013 with 2012 parts.
It cost no to get it fixed than a Mercedes. And we have a lot less to go broke.

Hey got a link to those gears , mechanisms, and switch harness? Thanks!