Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Model S January Timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6 weeks is about right if the car has to go across the country.
my CPO was in LA and I'm in Chicago and it was 6 weeks almost to the day.
The bumpers were repainted, rims are devoid of any nicks, new tires. I wish I knew everything they did but since the car is truly "like new" it's hard to say what all was done. There were a few things they still needed to do so I had a service appt for those. i asked for any info on the car and was firmly denied any info from before the time I took delivery. Oh well, I just thought it would be good info to know but guess not, that's top secret stuff.

6 weeks is about right if the car has to go across the country.
my CPO was in LA and I'm in Chicago and it was 6 weeks almost to the day.
The bumpers were repainted, rims are devoid of any nicks, new tires. I wish I knew everything they did but since the car is truly "like new" it's hard to say what all was done. There were a few things they still needed to do so I had a service appt for those. i asked for any info on the car and was firmly denied any info from before the time I took delivery. Oh well, I just thought it would be good info to know but guess not, that's top secret stuff.

Do you know what center your car was refurbed at? Any advice for things to take a close look at from your experience?

Reactions: Olds442
I don't know where it was refurb'd. I picked it up in Westmont IL.

There's a list on here somewhere but I generally checked the alignment of the panels etc, looked for any really out of whack kind of stuff. I found my rear hatch needed to be re-aligned, they showed me that it needed a new windshield as it was chipped and we made a list. The car is now back from the service with everything fixed and the 4G upgrade (I paid for that but everything else was warrantied.)

i'm really happy with it.

I don't know where it was refurb'd. I picked it up in Westmont IL.

There's a list on here somewhere but I generally checked the alignment of the panels etc, looked for any really out of whack kind of stuff. I found my rear hatch needed to be re-aligned, they showed me that it needed a new windshield as it was chipped and we made a list. The car is now back from the service with everything fixed and the 4G upgrade (I paid for that but everything else was warrantied.)

i'm really happy with it.

What is the cost of the 4G upgrade?

I texted my CPO adviser early this morning asking for an update, and a couple hours later received pictures of the exterior, along with the original monroney (didnt know that word existed), and a few other basic documents. It looks like pics that the original owner may have taken. According to the file info of the pic, its coming from the Sacramento area. He told me the car is in the refurb process and that we are on the same timeline as before (no later than Feb 28).

I'm glad to see the manufacture date is 12/2014. That means I'll be getting the improved sound insulation and similar quality level to the 2015's.

Attachments

• Monroney_5YJSA1H23EFP69134.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 95
  • img_7389.jpg
    img_7389.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 88
  • img_7390.jpg
    img_7390.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 73
Still no new updates as of yet. It would be nice if Tesla was a bit more transparent with the process the vehicle is in so I can tell without having to bother my sales guy. It could be as simple as having a little timeline added into your MyTesla page that gets updated everytime a new work order is created or finished for the car, automated and easy. But alas, I must be patient!

I put my deposit on the 1/15, 2014 S60 with AP1
No communication from my salesperson, I emailed yesterday and the response was checking with service manager on parts.
#Blind2Haters how can I apply for loan and insurance before the sales agreement or was it pre-approval

I put my deposit on the 1/15, 2014 S60 with AP1
No communication from my salesperson, I emailed yesterday and the response was checking with service manager on parts.
#Blind2Haters how can I apply for loan and insurance before the sales agreement or was it pre-approval

So yes I applied through my credit union and was qualified and approved for a loan up to 60K for 72 months. You want to be mindful of the fact that lots of loan offers are usually only good for 30-45 days, then they’ll have to re run your credit, so definitely do your research or ask when it comes to that. I got lucky enough that my CU extends loan offers up to 60 days. You will need to have insurance and a loan locked in though before you go to sign the sales agreement, so best to start searching !

You can start getting quotes for insurance since you should have the VIN number already on your my Tesla page. Probably best to call someone if you want more info, emails are easier to ignore/push back than is a phone call.

Last edited:
I also got a phone call from my OA for my car I ordered on 1/2, they finished reconditioning it in Chicago and we're calling to see if I wanted the window tint removed.. I figured they should leave it and if I don't like it in person they will remove it for me here. Car should arrive in 2 weeks tops according to OA.