Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone... New to the forum and this is my first thread. Currently looking into getting a CPO MX P90D. The "pre-owned" cars have such low mileage that I'm ok with buying CPO and the discounts are great.

Has anyone heard anything about buying CPO MXs? Or know if buying CPO from Tesla is good? Never bought a CPO car, but would assume they're just as good as buying new, depending on the mileage.

Thoughts?

Hey everyone... New to the forum and this is my first thread. Currently looking into getting a CPO MX P90D. The "pre-owned" cars have such low mileage that I'm ok with buying CPO and the discounts are great.

Has anyone heard anything about buying CPO MXs?

You can see a few CPO Model X listed here, along with over 150 inventory Model X, most of which have been discounted.

Note: The CPOs aren't eligible for the referral program discount but the inventory cars are.

I believe the preowned 4 year warranty is same as new car warranty so whatever is covered there should be covered with the preowned one. At least that's how it seems on the website

Thanks. I also got a chance to ask the reps at a Tesla sales center and they said what you said, "same as new car warranty" except 4 year and 50,000 mile warranty from the date the CPO is taken delivery of.

I see a lot of CPO's with low mileage. Just wondering why? How come that people trade in their Tesla so quickly? It seems strange to me buying a brand new car only to trade it in or sell it back so quickly and taking a massive depreciation hit. Anyone knows what stories are behind this?

Ironically the current model x p90d CPO prices are higher than the prices of the "new" inventory x p90d with AP1 hardware and generally even lower mileage that they were clearing out back in December and January. Remember with CPO you also don't get the 7.5k tax benefit. With this in mind to me the CPO pricing seems a little high.

I see a lot of CPO's with low mileage. Just wondering why? How come that people trade in their Tesla so quickly? It seems strange to me buying a brand new car only to trade it in or sell it back so quickly and taking a massive depreciation hit. Anyone knows what stories are behind this?

Tesla doesn't currently sell CPO vehicles with more than 50k miles on them. They do sell higher millage vehicles, but they don't have the standard CPO warranty and aren't posted with the CPO vehicles.

Tesla doesn't currently sell CPO vehicles with more than 50k miles on them. They do sell higher millage vehicles, but they don't have the standard CPO warranty and aren't posted with the CPO vehicles.
For the most part, that's true but they do have some CPOs with more than 50,000 miles listed on their site from time to time. A quick search at Tesla Inventory Search found this Signature Model S with over 61,000 miles:
85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA2DP2DFS18909 | Tesla

It looks like that one was first listed with just over 34k miles on it but someone put 25k miles on it in the past two months.