Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked Glass on CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my first CPO MS yesterday, and the day before I was notified last minute that whoever was handling the CPO noticed a Crack on the screen.

Sure enough there was one that gross straight down the center of the screen. I was told by my Sales agent that when I take it my home service center, they'd be able to replace it for me for free. However, wouldn't this be considered getting a unprepared/damaged CPO?

I didn't get any compensation or anything, even though now I have to take it to get serviced. I was thinking, would they be able to upgrade the cell service on the MS from 3G to LTE for free as a sign of good will? Probably not?

I just picked up my first CPO MS yesterday, and the day before I was notified last minute that whoever was handling the CPO noticed a Crack on the screen.

Sure enough there was one that gross straight down the center of the screen. I was told by my Sales agent that when I take it my home service center, they'd be able to replace it for me for free. However, wouldn't this be considered getting a unprepared/damaged CPO?

I didn't get any compensation or anything, even though now I have to take it to get serviced. I was thinking, would they be able to upgrade the cell service on the MS from 3G to LTE for free as a sign of good will? Probably not?

If this is the only thing wrong with your CPO and they agreed to fix it, congrats and consider yourself very VERY lucky.

So Tesla is replacing the windshield for free and you feel that you deserve some sort of compensation? Why?

I guess he's referring to the hassle of receiving a car with a cracked screen that he now needs to get fixed. In a normal world, these things would be fixed before sale... But I agree, given how things have been going lately he should count his blessings that they are going to fix this and it does not seem there are any other issues...