Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cream interior Vs. White

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we just ordered our MX in blue with cream interior, but I have one question left;
They have those sample things in the showrooms and the white is Tesla's own creation and is really soft and nice. The cream sample is more stiff and feels cheaper. Our sales advisor said that by now the only difference is the colour, but I'm not sure I understood him right. Is the cream interior also that nice soft Tesla alcantara or a different one?

Reactions: JeroenF
We just took delivery of our blue MX with cream interior. The alcantara feels very soft to me. I don't have a white one next to it to compare. Also I don't think anyone going is to run their hand on the roof all the time... this is actually the first time I have run my hand thru any car's alcantara to see if it is soft or not.. I felt kind of silly LOL.

We just took delivery of our blue MX with cream interior. The alcantara feels very soft to me. I don't have a white one next to it to compare. Also I don't think anyone going is to run their hand on the roof all the time... this is actually the first time I have run my hand thru any car's alcantara to see if it is soft or not.. I felt kind of silly LOL.
Yeah, the roof isn't all that important. But the material of the seats felt kinda rough, like generic PU leather. But I guess that's not the case?

All three 'premium fabrics' are supposed to be the same Ultraleather from UltraFabrics. They may still have older samples from the white X's when those were the only cars and color there was in that. I think they have changed the fabric along the way, as it changed from ventilated to non to the thicker we have today.

I have the new Cream, and love it, as it's not the screaming bright white.

See here for too many choices that we will never have. If you wanted to pay someone a ton to customize your car (like the ones that did that Model 3 Erik and David had in that horrid blue... :) ) you could choose anything you wanted....

ULTRALEATHER® | ultrafabrics

Yeah, the roof isn't all that important. But the material of the seats felt kinda rough, like generic PU leather. But I guess that's not the case?

Ah I thought you were talking about the headliner material. The seats seem fine to me. I have the fake leather in my Lexus and I don't see the difference between the 2. My wfie's BMW had the Nappa Leather option, it actually feels harder (not softer) than the fake leather.

I’ve sat in my friend’s leather Model S’s. I had the textile S and have white in my X. The ultra leather is definitely softer and better cushioned. In fact it’s softer with better cushioning than many luxury cars with standard leather.

That doesn’t answer your question though. Go white for being edgy, cool, and modern. Go cream for class and you don’t want to show off.

I've sat on the white on a test drive and we just got our X with cream a week ago. We had ordered black but switched to inventory car to get it sooner. Having seen all three I think I would now choose cream first. Unfortunately too much time between having sat on the white and our cream to make a comparison but I have no complaints with what we have.

I’ve ordered the same combination and have 2 more days to change my mind. Would really appreciate it if you could share some pictures of your cream seats in contrast to the blue exterior.

I’ve ordered the same combination and have 2 more days to change my mind. Would really appreciate it if you could share some pictures of your cream seats in contrast to the blue exterior.

Took a few quick pics this morning for you.

mx1.jpg
mx2.jpg
mx3.jpg

We got silver with cream interior. We decided on cream even before actually seeing it. When we did test drive they still had the older leathers. Our test drive was white interior. It just "bam" way too bright. Kind of hurt the eyes. That day we decided on black interior. When we finally did get to ordering they had the new cream color and we went with that. Love it, it's great. Even with three kids under 7 we have no issues with it.

A little off topic of your question, but a thought came to mind. Regardless of which color you choose, it is a more porous material than "real" leather and some other synthetic materials, thus I recommend you get some Carpro CQuartz Leather liquid to to put on the seats and side liner material. This is to help seal the material against stains and dirt that you WILL get on it and will be much easier to clean. The stuff works great. Just watch videos and take a couple hours of time to do it yourself. Reapply every couple of years. Or you can pay a detailer, but unless you watch them do it, they may rush the job and still charge you $200 or more. As Adrian Monk would say, "You'll thank me later" :)