Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise Control, Autopilot Unavailable/No Cars on Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you get into service mode and view that? Would be happy too just not sure how.
Put your car in P.

If you press Software in your cars Menu, there is a Part where the "Dual Motor" or "Standard" Logo stands.

Put your finger on that Logo for about five seconds until the Logo flicks a little light.

Release your finger and type in: service.

Now activate, open the "service alert" button and there you are.

To exit, press on the new red Service-Button on the bottom and press "Exit Service Mode".

Interesting. My errors in service mode show that the cabin camera is failing to initiate, which is causing autopilot to be disabled. I put a piece of tape over it about 6 months ago and never had an issue until update 2022.20.7. This is for a 2021 MYP without FSD or enhanced autopilot.

I powered down the car, removed the tape and will let it sit overnight to see what happens.

I have this very same issue. Service appointment is set for Oct 3rd. They said it’s the repeater camera and the coaxil cable.
65F95401-0A81-472F-989B-CDD46B0FA2FF.jpeg
9FF3C9D3-46E8-4704-A574-83D2E3FD570E.png

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Interesting. My errors in service mode show that the cabin camera is failing to initiate, which is causing autopilot to be disabled. I put a piece of tape over it about 6 months ago and never had an issue until update 2022.20.7. This is for a 2021 MYP without FSD or enhanced autopilot.

I powered down the car, removed the tape and will let it sit overnight to see what happens.
Well that did nothing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm taking mine in tomorrow. I've already had the triple camera and the upper coax cable changed so will be interesting what they do (interestingly theyve ordered another camera just in case). I haven't looked in the service menu, but my gut feeling is that something doesn't initialise on startup as most of the time when stuffs not working it's from me just starting the car and driving (although i do precondition everyday for my commute both ways). It'd rare for it to stop working mid drive, although has happened a couple of times.

It's a difference if it sees nothing or it doesn't start in first place.

Autopilot should work with a higher caution level because the inside camera doesn't see a face, it's overreacting to be safe, but it should work.

Had mine covered since the beginning, no issue and uncovering the interior cam doesn't make a difference for the fault.

My Service-Alert states that the MainCamExitsStream, what results in the same issue: nothing works properly anymore.

I have this very same issue. Service appointment is set for Oct 3rd. They said it’s the repeater camera and the coaxil cable. View attachment 840645View attachment 840646
Same Issue with sentrymode, that means that one of your cameras isn't working properly. If every camera in your available viewer is working, it muste be one of the cameras you can't view from inside.

Would you please start servicemode to tell us about the fault codes?

Not in english, but shows how it works.

Thank you!

I'm taking mine in tomorrow. I've already had the triple camera and the upper coax cable changed so will be interesting what they do (interestingly theyve ordered another camera just in case). I haven't looked in the service menu, but my gut feeling is that something doesn't initialise on startup as most of the time when stuffs not working it's from me just starting the car and driving (although i do precondition everyday for my commute both ways). It'd rare for it to stop working mid drive, although has happened a couple of times.
Would you also take a look into your servicemode to look what fault it is now?

There are two coax cables connecting the Triple Cam and the Autopilot Computer, might be the other one? 🤷

Would you also take a look into your servicemode to look what fault it is now?

There are two coax cables connecting the Triple Cam and the Autopilot Computer, might be the other one? 🤷
They did mention it, sounded like the one they hadn't changed was more difficult to access. Does the service menu store old faults or onky show current ones?

Edit just had a look. Quite a few codes but there is a app_w133, w009 and aps_w134 and dif_a018.

Last edited:
They did mention it, sounded like the one they hadn't changed was more difficult to access. Does the service menu store old faults or onky show current ones?

Edit just had a look. Quite a few codes but there is a app_w133, w009 and aps_w134 and dif_a018.
Thanks,

133 is MainCamFault and 134 is Communication between the Autopilot-Computer regarding all needed camera inputs.

Seems like your front cam is still buggy.

I had mine replaced, only the triple cam and it is still ongoing.

If it's not one of the coax cables, it can only be the autopilot computer or a big fat software problem.

Thank you!

Same Issue with sentrymode, that means that one of your cameras isn't working properly. If every camera in your available viewer is working, it muste be one of the cameras you can't view from inside.

Would you please start servicemode to tell us about the fault codes?

Not in english, but shows how it works.

Thank you!
What is the service code they are asking? The video says “XRS”, that doesn’t work.
Any ideas?