Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise Control, Autopilot Unavailable/No Cars on Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No kidding. Just need the car to work the way it’s intended. It’s ok it’s still under warranty but I worry about owning it after the warranty period.
Yeah my thought too....that's really a bit too much and Tesla really said to me, that a future software update might fix it. Nope, don't think so, that's not worth a car in that price range.

I'm getting on their nerves upcoming week, that's for sure.

• Funny
Reactions: GeoG
Just did that and put the car to sleep. We’ll see what happens in a few hours when I drive it.
Did it not ask for a password to get to the service mode?
Yeah my thought too....that's really a bit too much and Tesla really said to me, that a future software update might fix it. Nope, don't think so, that's not worth a car in that price range.

I'm getting on their nerves upcoming week, that's for sure.
All the sales and service guys at the SC near me are good friends so I have to keep it half way decent. Maybe the reason they pushed me to October 3rd. 😂😂

Speaking of the Service Menu, is Brake Burnishing something that one should consider doing instead of high-speed stops to remove any spotting after carwashing, etc? Or is that too excessive?
IMG_5554.jpeg

How about any of the other options? Does calibrate steering column, re-center the steering? What does "clear EPAS3P/S angle offset" mean? What does "reset DAS" do?
IMG_5558.jpeg

Do either of the tests, HVAC and Thermal, give you any useful info on how well your car is working, or would your car already be giving you alerts if either were out of spec? And, what is Thermal Performance, anyway?
IMG_5557.jpeg

Thanks,

133 is MainCamFault and 134 is Communication between the Autopilot-Computer regarding all needed camera inputs.

Seems like your front cam is still buggy.

I had mine replaced, only the triple cam and it is still ongoing.

If it's not one of the coax cables, it can only be the autopilot computer or a big fat software problem.

Thank you!
It's just wierd that it was working for a while. Hopefully they'll fix it for good this time as I've not got any holidays left, and it's an hour trip each way (and I'm taking my kids too so I'll have to stick car seats in the courtesy car).

Yeah I’m kind of on edge about that haha. Auto pilot is literally the main reason I got this car.
I totally understand that and if you're getting used to all the features of this car and all of a sudden they're gone, it really dampens my enthusiasm about this great car.

I openend a Ticket today for the next step, hope they're replying soon, the appointment is settled for thursday, august 18th, but i'm not sure if the needed stuff is in stock.

Whoever serviced my car is a clown. I wish I noticed prior to leaving the service center. The tech damaged my forward facing camera glare shield. Then glued it back together. Didn’t think that the glue would eventually show through to the felt. I got home and was cleaning my windshield and noticed this hideous white line.

Attachments

• 50457D9B-F4A0-46A0-B8F5-DF28BA95634F.jpeg
    50457D9B-F4A0-46A0-B8F5-DF28BA95634F.jpeg
    439.9 KB · Views: 208
  • A3D59669-9AFE-48B5-A7DC-559624D89269.jpeg
    A3D59669-9AFE-48B5-A7DC-559624D89269.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 9A270434-AB44-47DA-AB19-3E29A6565517.jpeg
    9A270434-AB44-47DA-AB19-3E29A6565517.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
I removed it and used a felt marker and it’s hardly noticeable now. Unbelievable that they would let that fly though. They told me to bring it back tomorrow….I don’t have time for that. Black marker will do for now. Frustrating.
Dear lord. What next??? I just don’t understand why they have to do that! Why can’t they just be honest and admit they messed up.
Glad you were able to fix it.