Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise Control: pre-FSD vs with FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been the new owner of a Model Y for about a month now. Before I upgraded to FSD, my cruise control didn’t slow down/stop at intersections. It continued driving at the set speed right through green lights. After upgrading to FSD, cruise control now recognizes and slows down at intersections regardless of if the traffic light is green or red. I find this somewhat annoying because I have to push the accelerator or pull down the right stalk to keep it going through green lights. This doesn’t help maintain a smooth ride speed at all. I haven’t located anything in the settings to override this. The upgrade has essentially rendered cruise control useless for city driving. The other weird thing is that sometimes it will continue through the green light and other times it will slow down until I push accelerator or pull stalk. It’s “behavior” changes regardless of whether I set the cruise speed to slightly over or under the posted speed limit. How do I get cruise control to consistently drive through the green lights at the set speed without slowing down (the same way it did before upgrading to FSD)?

Unfortunately, Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (if enabled) operates whenever Traffic-Aware Cruise Control or Autosteer is active. The only way to get TACC or Autosteer to function the way you want is to disable the Traffic Light and Stop sign Control feature. With the vehicle in Park, touch Controls > Autopilot > Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control.

Keep in mind that by doing this, your vehicle will no longer recognize and respond to traffic light and stop signs.

Drive safe!