Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise control unavailable [Update: Turning off Sentry Mode fixed the problem]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It just happened to my 2022 X, on the night before a long road trip no less. FSD beta auto pilot gave out on my way to supercharger siting hardware error. No road or other cars displayed but cameras still working. Tried restarting the computer (two buttons pressed) and power off from safety menu but no luck yet. Only thing I can count on at this point is the overnight luck, or I'll be driving all manually a long distance like it's 1985. I'll update how my luck turns out.

When your 'almost self driving car' suddenly stops driving, Tesla system should give more detailed information than just a vague 'Cruise control unavailable' message.

It just happened to my 2022 X, on the night before a long road trip no less. FSD beta auto pilot gave out on my way to supercharger siting hardware error. No road or other cars displayed but cameras still working. Tried restarting the computer (two buttons pressed) and power off from safety menu but no luck yet. Only thing I can count on at this point is the overnight luck, or I'll be driving all manually a long distance like it's 1985. I'll update how my luck turns out.

When your 'almost self driving car' suddenly stops driving, Tesla system should give more detailed information than just a vague 'Cruise control unavailable' message.
I was ten hours from home when my cruise control (and several other features) stopped working. Although I didn’t fix this until I got home, this complete power disconnect restored the car’s functionality. Good luck!

Post in thread 'Autopilot errors in 2022.12.3.16'
Autopilot errors in 2022.12.3.16

I was ten hours from home when my cruise control (and several other features) stopped working. Although I didn’t fix this until I got home, this complete power disconnect restored the car’s functionality. Good luck!

Post in thread 'Autopilot errors in 2022.12.3.16'
Autopilot errors in 2022.12.3.16
In my case the car was back to normal after sitting idle for 30 min and it drove fine the next day. My Model3, on the other hand, had that issue while driving on the freeway and it was going in and out of 'autopilot unavailable' state. We had both cars upgraded to the latest FSD beta and haven't had the same issue since then but we'll see how it goes. I've had FSD beta for a year but never had this mortifying problem before and I hope it never happens again.

In my case the car was back to normal after sitting idle for 30 min and it drove fine the next day. My Model3, on the other hand, had that issue while driving on the freeway and it was going in and out of 'autopilot unavailable' state. We had both cars upgraded to the latest FSD beta and haven't had the same issue since then but we'll see how it goes. I've had FSD beta for a year but never had this mortifying problem before and I hope it never happens again.
I’m glad your cruise/autopilot returned relatively quickly. A long drive without it after being spoiled by its use is no fun.