Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Cruise Control Unavailable"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just after taking the new MY for a second drive after purchasing FSD (which worked fine), upon restarting the car to go home the circle with cruise control speed set disappeared. "Cruise Control Unavailable" appears, no other information. Navigate on Autopilot disappears, too. Reboot ineffective. Power Off and restart ineffective. Needless to say, this also disabled autosteer.

I'm on a real backlevel version, in spite of the car being built in the last few days: 2020.11.103.5, and suspect it's related to that.

Anyone see anything like this in their MY?

Just after taking the new MY for a second drive after purchasing FSD (which worked fine), upon restarting the car to go home the circle with cruise control speed set disappeared. "Cruise Control Unavailable" appears, no other information. Navigate on Autopilot disappears, too. Reboot ineffective. Power Off and restart ineffective. Needless to say, this also disabled autosteer.

I'm on a real backlevel version, in spite of the car being built in the last few days: 2020.11.103.5, and suspect it's related to that.

Anyone see anything like this in their MY?
I just picked mine up today and show the same. Have hard reboot and no luck!

It's the same 2020.11.103.5 - how do we get an update?! Or does it just take awhile for our new MYs to get into the "matrix"?
I have seen others report getting the current version 2020.20.12.x upon delivery. I asked about updating this version, which is a MY specific early build missing a lot of features, before taking delivery and was told to just "set software updates to "Advanced" to get the latest updates. Mine shows "your software is up to date," which is absurd.

Mine shows "your software is up to date," which is absurd.

Given the way Tesla revises and updates hardware it is entirely possible that that version is the most current version that is compatible with your car. (This has happened many times in the past where new cars get "stuck" on old versions until support for the new hardware gets rolled into the main release.)

Given the way Tesla revises and updates hardware it is entirely possible that that version is the most current version that is compatible with your car. (This has happened many times in the past where new cars get "stuck" on old versions until support for the new hardware gets rolled into the main release.)
Thanks for the input - strange thing about it is though, even though my MY is on this weird build (2020.11.103.5) it still shows traffic signals, crosswalks, etc. For sure it has hw3 but not having software/hardware updates I would think it wouldn't show those additional visualization objects/features. I guess it's possible this rev/ver just needs to get added to the main branch?! Anyway, I'll wait a day or so and see what happens - if not I'll be driving to my nearest SC unless anyone else out there have other suggestions.

Interesting thought about the tow hitch - I have it as well, but curious about why you would think the tow hitch has any affect regarding FW/SW updates?
If the tow mode was not incorporated into the main branch of releases only the MY-specific branch would have supported it. The very early MYs were on a different branch than other models.

But a poster directly above with a tow hitch reports being updated to 2020.20.x. That's a good thing, and now, as Tom Petty would say, the waiting is the hardest part. (Although not as hard as waiting for the MY ;))

Brand new Model Y LR AWD here with tow hitch and no FSD, delivered yesterday (June 25, 2020). I’m also on 2020.11.103.5, and it says my software is up to date. I’ve driven about 10 miles so far. I used autopilot and it seems fine on freeway and streets. I tried a reboot and no change.

It is odd that some are getting the most up-to-date software at the time of delivery, while some are on these non-standard releases. (Even TeslaFi doesn't report this version as being installed!)

Just be aware that the Delivery Center people are not the most well informed; as mentioned, they told me the tow hitch was not installed and would not even open the panel. Upon getting it home, of course the hitch was there!

The standard line for software is that releases get distributed "based on your specific hardware." I don't think any of the early MYs have specific hardware other than performance motors and tow hitches. (I don't think color has anything to do with the update schedules. :rolleyes:)

It is odd that some are getting the most up-to-date software at the time of delivery, while some are on these non-standard releases. (Even TeslaFi doesn't report this version as being installed!)

Just be aware that the Delivery Center people are not the most well informed; as mentioned, they told me the tow hitch was not installed and would not even open the panel. Upon getting it home, of course the hitch was there!

The standard line for software is that releases get distributed "based on your specific hardware." I don't think any of the early MYs have specific hardware other than performance motors and tow hitches. (I don't think color has anything to do with the update schedules. :rolleyes:)
Any updates on the MY? I'm still on the weird build....and since 2020.24.6.1 is rolling out strong, was just curious if anyone out there has received the update?

Any updates on the MY? I'm still on the weird build....and since 2020.24.6.1 is rolling out strong, was just curious if anyone out there has received the update?
Being close to both the Delivery and Service Centers, I stopped by yesterday at the latter to see if I could engender any sympathy. The rep was nice, but said "updates are in batches, and based on VIN." The party line.

Meanwhile, my M3 gets the new, shiny version. The mysteries of Tesla. :confused:

Reactions: kato_2k5
Page 81 in the manual shows that the cameras and GPS need to self-calibrate before cruise control works. The book states driving 20-25 miles is usually all it takes, but depending on road conditions, high number of curvy roads, roads lacking lane paint, etc., this can take much longer. I hope this helps!