Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Cruise not available" after 17.17.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had the cruise not available after 8.1 for several weeks. Just prior to 17.17.4, my SC did a remote over the air fix (they called it some kind of a bootloader reset - not all SC is aware of this I believe). AP2 was working fine since then. I installed 17.17.4 and it's still working fine.

There are reports stating that 17.17.4 fixed the issue, as well as reports that it didn't.

So it seems like the cause of the "cruise not available" could be several things and this update only fixed stuff partially.

It happens to me from time to time, but I am not blocked from using it completely. Are you?
Mostly available but no consistency to when its not available. It just freaks out and screams at me. :rolleyes:
I can't use AP at all. But sometimes it will show speed limit for few seconds then go away, and sometimes I can use TACC but still only last for few seconds. Before 17.17.4 I don't have AP but TACC worked like 5% of the time. if TACC was available from the start I can use it until next drive.

So I had the cruise not available after 8.1 for several weeks. Just prior to 17.17.4, my SC did a remote over the air fix (they called it some kind of a bootloader reset - not all SC is aware of this I believe). AP2 was working fine since then. I installed 17.17.4 and it's still working fine.

There are reports stating that 17.17.4 fixed the issue, as well as reports that it didn't.

So it seems like the cause of the "cruise not available" could be several things and this update only fixed stuff partially.
17.17.4 did not fix my issue just like op. Few days ago when I was visiting SC for this issue, I mentioned that someone in TMC said resetting boot loader may resolve the issue temporarily. The guy at SC told me "not everything in the forum is correct."

17.17.4 did not fix my issue just like op. Few days ago when I was visiting SC for this issue, I mentioned that someone in TMC said resetting boot loader may resolve the issue temporarily. The guy at SC told me "not everything in the forum is correct."

Lol, the SC sometimes amazes me! I have got more accurate information from this forum than the SC. Period! As for the over the air fix, this is true. It worked for me as well as few other people in this forum.

Reactions: travis010
Not sure if resetting the boot loader would do anything to help. However, this sounds like you need to recalibrate your turbo encabulator.
I can't use AP at all. But sometimes it will show speed limit for few seconds then go away, and sometimes I can use TACC but still only last for few seconds. Before 17.17.4 I don't have AP but TACC worked like 5% of the time. if TACC was available from the start I can use it until next drive.

Totally lost my cruise control when I did the chill mode update two weeks ago. I get the 'cruise unavailable' message. Tesla support says they're working on it.