Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise not available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had auto pilot engaged on my AP2.5 car this morning in stop and go traffic. At about 20mph in second lane from left, all of a sudden, the car started beeping and showed red hands on the wheels in the instruments cluster and disengaged auto pilot with a message "Cruise not available". The TACC and the AP were not available at that point. However, after about 5 minutes of driving, they became available again with the map showing 25mph max speed on a freeway with 65mph limit. After few more minutes, the speed limit got back to normal. I have no idea why the car did what it did.

Some facts:
- I did not ignore any Hold steering wheels message before this happened.
- The GPS was not stuck from what I could tell

Do you guys have any ideas on what might have happened?

See my nearly identical post here: “Cruise Not Available”

My situation only varies slightly. I have AP1 and get no indication that cruise has been disabled, other than the car begins to unexpectedly decelerate (no beeping; no visual indication). A respondent on my post indicates the front camera is beginning to fail.

I can't decide if I'm relieved or saddened that I'm not the only one with this issue.

Called their support, they were able to see the "Cruise not available" message in the logs. An debug technician will look at the logs and should call me back. So far whenever they've told me that someone "should" call me back, it hasn't happened.