Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cudos to Tesla TPM on cell app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am excited to see the tire pressures for the model S in the controls sub-menu of the Tesla app. What a time savings. Note the readings represent values the last time you were within bluetooth range of your car. Unfortunately, this feature is not yet available for the model 3 or y

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
What versions in car and app?
For the app version see my reply above. I have a Feb 2022 MSLR running on 2022.20.8. Show us a screen capture of your tire pressure readings from the app. Here's a screen capture from the Tessie app
Screenshot_20220919_155910.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, yes it is (source, me, with my model 3 and model Y, can see tire pressure in my tesla app). It requires specific software versions (or later) of both the app and in the car, but it absolutely is available on 3/ Y.
It works fine for my 2017 Model X 100D.

It does not work for my 2018 Model 3 LR RWD or my sister's 2021 Model 3 SR+.

But since it does work on your 3/Y, I think it'll eventually work on my sister's and my Model 3 too.

Note the readings represent values the last time you were within bluetooth range of your car
Nope, it represents the last TPMS values received from the wheels. And is the same as what is displayed in the car. (The car now streams the tire pressures to the Tesla servers, and it stores the last values received.)

The TPMS modules only send values when the wheels are moving, and for a little bit after they stop. So most of the time you look in the app you would be seeing what the pressure was when your car was last parked. (And your phone doesn't ever have to be within Bluetooth range of your car.)

So if you want to check the cold tire pressure, which is what you are supposed to check, you need to move your car a few feet after it has been sitting overnight to wake up the TPMSs and get a current cold reading.

Last edited:
This would be a very nice feature if it ever appears. I have 2022.20.17 software and 4.13.1 app version on my iPhone.

M

PS - Wondering which tires Zoomer has that are 42 PSI. Mine are stock Michelin and they are 45 PSI. Seems 42 psi would ride a little better...

Last edited: