Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curb Rash after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but now I have fix the issue and still get flame.

That's how this site works sometimes, even if you've done nothing wrong. Someone will reply to this thread for no reason weeks from now. Then it will get bumped to the top of the queue. When that happens some careless person will not check the date on your post, nor all the replies, so will act as though it was posted today.

The cycle continues for a while until it gets finally buried.

It seems as if all the curbing reports are to OEM wheels - can't remember seeing anyone report curbing an aftermarket wheel. Any particular reason? Better design?? Costly, therefore driver's pay closer attention to potential curbing events??

OEM sticks a little past the tire. Some aftermarket rims don't. If you want to run aftermarket, rims got to be the same weight or lighter not to effect range. Plus I read the TPS are different for Tesla.

I'm just using touch up paint on mine, until covid in over. Then I will take to a repair place.

Thank you community for making a dude feel better. I shouldn’t have thought out loud but now I have fix the issue and still get flame.

Say three Hail Elons, 2 Our Farts and play one game of Polytopia. Go forth and sin no more.

819izAQ70aL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I think the 100 miles was for delivery issues.

Tesla used to have a 7 day money back guarantee on the Y. They probably took that away because of stuff like this.

I just received delivery of my vehicle and just got a curb rash when trying to enter the parking garage (had to stop to get a ticket) . Its about 2 inches long. I have less than 100 miles on the vehicle. You think I can report it to tesla to have them fix it since under 100 miles since I was told i had 100 miles to report any issues?

It seems as if all the curbing reports are to OEM wheels - can't remember seeing anyone report curbing an aftermarket wheel. Any particular reason? Better design?? Costly, therefore driver's pay closer attention to potential curbing events??

I'd imagine that anyone who puts aftermarket rims on their car would not come to TMC to complain about it, both being more knowledgeable and not blaming it on Tesla. The rash is due to the aluminum alloy used for the wheels, and no one in their right mind would use steel. Of course, some may go under the tire as the other poster mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.