Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Thawk love the setup -- was thinking about suspending our plug from the ceiling on a retractable reel like that as well just to keep it out of the way between our two cars; any wisdom you picked up around that that you can pass on?
Not a lot - Maybe 2 things:

1) I'd say the one thing which might have felt different is that the mounting instructions for the Connector suggest using two screws on either the left or right side so you have space to bring the wires in the other (so if you're screwing through the left half into a stud, then the wires come in the right half). For me, the heavy gauge wire combined with gravity meant after using the two screws on the left side, the right side was sagging down a bit. So, I ended up adding a third screw (one on the right side above where wires come in) to help secure it. It's not like it would have fallen, but it just wouldn't have been flush and would have looked a little janky.

2) The cord out of the bottom of the box obviously will sag straight down toward the ground and it felt to me like it was pulling on the Connector box and maybe stressing that small section of the cable a bit. So I secured the cord up to the ceiling about 5 inches away from the Connector box with a little conduit clamp against the ceiling (pic below). This removes a bit of tension from where the cable enters the connector box and makes sure it doesn't end up like every pair of headphones I've ever owned (wire casing and eventually the wire itself splitting right near the plug).

Oh and also - obviously you'll need a place to put the plug now that the holster is on the ceiling. Like I mentioned I just 3D printed a couple (2nd pic) that I could mount a few places.

But - lest we stray too far from the thread topic - my EDD hasn't changed today - now back to our regularly scheduled programming: The WAIT

IMG_6132.jpg

IMG_6133.jpg

Last edited:
Received a VIN and blue button today and EDD changed to October. Clicked the blue button it took me back to the dashboard. Blue button is gone but the VIN is there. No idea what to do next. I received no email from Tesla and there is nothing to do on my profile. Anyone experience this before.
Most get a text or email about delivery. I waited 24 hours and never heard anything, so I contacted my SA via text. She told me when it was supposed to be delivered to the center and asked if I wanted to schedule an appointment to pick it up. She made it two days after it is scheduled to arrive.
I checked my order page an hour or two later and the appointment and location were all there where the EDD normally is located.
Quick, easy and friendly. She welcomed me to the Tesla family!

Believe its geographic involved and how many orders in a certain location, Logistically it has to make sense to Tesla i think. its all about the $$
The rep did say that the reason I see differences is because there is a node for the train in Chicago and somewhere in New Jersey and the deliveries are the once that make sense to the system to do that week. So there are going to be some May orders being fulfilled. I most likely used to broad a brush earlier because some May have been going.

Reactions: MBx4
Not a lot - Maybe 2 things:

1) I'd say the one thing which might have felt different is that the mounting instructions for the Connector suggest using two screws on either the left or right side so you have space to bring the wires in the other (so if you're screwing through the left half into a stud, then the wires come in the right half). For me, the heavy gauge wire combined with gravity meant after using the two screws on the left side, the right side was sagging down a bit. So, I ended up adding a third screw (one on the right side above where wires come in) to help secure it. It's not like it would have fallen, but it just wouldn't have been flush and would have looked a little janky.

2) The cord out of the bottom of the box obviously will sag straight down toward the ground and it felt to me like it was pulling on the Connector box and maybe stressing that small section of the cable a bit. So I secured the cord up to the ceiling about 5 inches away from the Connector box with a little conduit clamp against the ceiling (pic below). This removes a bit of tension from where the cable enters the connector box and makes sure it doesn't end up like every pair of headphones I've ever owned (wire casing and eventually the wire itself splitting right near the plug).

Oh and also - obviously you'll need a place to put the plug now that the holster is on the ceiling. Like I mentioned I just 3D printed a couple (2nd pic) that I could mount a few places.

But - lest we stray too far from the thread topic - my EDD hasn't changed today - now back to our regularly scheduled programming: The WAIT

View attachment 690441

View attachment 690442
While we wait I'll happily take more pictures of that Viper!

Reactions: joewithblueMY
Another day, another day.

Now Aug 15-Aug 28. Early date moved another day remaining 15 days away as it has for the last month, late date stayed the same again today and shrunk to a 13 day window. 🤷‍♂️
It might be interesting to track specific configurations going to specific areas. MY 7 seaters I’ve noticed with May order dates seem to have about the same EDD windows. We know Tesla makes the cars by configuration but not sure how they distribute the cars by region. MY 7 seater White on black ordered 19 May going to Florida 15 Aug-29 Aug.

Reactions: GoGators! and MBx4
Picked up my car yesterday! No major flaws. Paint is flawless, only fixes are a hood realignment (looks good but it's just slightly off) and the passenger window isn't flush with the B pillar and rear window. Have an appt scheduled next week to take care of things!

Lemme know if you guys have any questions 😃
About time! Congrats!!

Globally? a lot... You have to remember that a majority of the production bump they got is from the factory in China. Fremont is really at capacity as far as production is concerned so they can't really make more cars there regardless of how many orders they get. Berlin and Austin are what's going to make a huge difference for them in the next 12-18 months
Looking at the Q2 Earnings doc Fremont is currently producing 500k 3/Y on an annualized basis. See page 7.

Guys based on the Estimates of how many cars are being made this quarter (Q3), a car pops off the conveyer belt every 2.63 minutes if my calculations are correct. So Tesla is making about 548 Model Y LR/P per day. That’s insane.
I calculated it out and got the same number. I agree, that’s insane. No way that’s actually what’s happening 😂😂

Most get a text or email about delivery. I waited 24 hours and never heard anything, so I contacted my SA via text. She told me when it was supposed to be delivered to the center and asked if I wanted to schedule an appointment to pick it up. She made it two days after it is scheduled to arrive.
I checked my order page an hour or two later and the appointment and location were all there where the EDD normally is located.
Quick, easy and friendly. She welcomed me to the Tesla family!
My experience was similar. Got the VIN yesterday afternoon, waited about 24 hours and texted SA. She wrote back with the delivery center phone number. We called them and the message said "if you have a VIN someone will contact you for delivery" but gave you the option to still talk to someone (we did that - the person answering went ahead and setup the delivery for tomorrow).