Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no fee changing from LR to Performance. I went to see my SA yesterday because my date changed to October and I will be out of town the majority of that month. I was able to get my exact 3 day window the 28-30 and switched to the Performance for no fee other than the $5,000 increase in price.

As someone previously stated the $500 increase was because they gave you the new increased LR price from when you first ordered. They confirmed 100% there is only a fee if you were to switch models from like a Y to a 3.
That is one thing, they won’t charge you a fee, if it’s within three days of your order. I changed my color, about two weeks in

Usually the daily EDD change happens by now so I think I am still stuck at October. Yay.

My SA still keeps telling nothing has changed and mid August is the timeframe and when asked about the shortage I was told the shortages haven’t affected my order. We will see about that.
Damn, I was hoping you'd be back in august. My date keeps shifting a day at a time. 8/15-8/29

OK, so you guys are telling me that there is no fee, that means that I’m going to go to my local Tesla store, and cause a scene today. If I am arrested, you’ll see me on the news.
If I’m the only one getting this damn fee, I swear I’m gonna throw a fit at Tasle Fort Myers today.
"Florida man walks into Tesla store"... this is gonna be great.

For those off you that does believe in the $500 fee. Here is my color change from White to Black! $1000 for the color + $500 for the hidden fee + $90 for idk what. The difference is $1590.

Confusing since both screenshots list the same options and prices, but one is added up wrong and totals $55,290 and the other is added up correctly and totals $56,790. Sliding in an extra $1,500 without a line item detailing what it is?

OK, so you guys are telling me that there is no fee, that means that I’m going to go to my local Tesla store, and cause a scene today. If I am arrested, you’ll see me on the news.
If I’m the only one getting this damn fee, I swear I’m gonna throw a fit at Tasle Fort Myers today.

I updated my Model S order color about 3 hours after placing it and got no fee. I then changed it from 19s to 21s a week or so later, then back to 19s after a week. No fee. Not sure why you got one but it doesnt seem legit to me.

i never heard of any change fee. the only difference is the increase in price and any changes you make.

Reactions: iratre and ajs847
I updated my Model S order color about 3 hours after placing it and got no fee. I then changed it from 19s to 21s a week or so later, then back to 19s after a week. No fee. Not sure why you got one but it doesnt seem legit to me.
i feel like that 500 is the price difference on increases that happened recently and the SA probably miscommunicated the wordings.

Without other people calling their stores, and asking about the $500 change fee, we’re never going to get past this, because apparently I’m the only one that believes in the fee.
many people changed their orders and never had any and completed their purchases. if you are the only one saying there is a fee, then I think you need to confirm and check on your side.