Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sort of disagree with this whole POV. To me the primary role of superchargers is, and should be, to facilitate travel, not local driving and commuting. People have tons of other alternatives for their local driving, but if you're traveling SCs are the only realistic option. I would much, much prefer to see resources go into SCs supporting travel along highways and interstates than at the local Piggly Wiggly. Obviously everywhere is better, but to the extent Tesla has to choose I hope they continue to prioritize travel with SCs ahead of local driving, and use destination chargers locally.

They put in a supercharger here at a grocery store and I have no clue why. We're surrounded on three sides by water, there is literally zero through traffic. The only people at that grocery store live within 10 miles; the nearest interstate or highway is 60 miles away; it seems like almost a total waste to me. Of course a few people will use it as a convenience but I don't think Tesla is anywhere close to taking care of travel necessities yet.
I agree with the gist. I think there could be some better planning and implementation (and I know this is a system still in development). The frustration re: Raleigh is completely valid. It is off I-440, which goes nowhere and anyone on a long distance trip has to go way out of the way to use it. Additionally, it is in the parking lot of an upscale target in a master planned community. One of those "takes 5 minutes to get in and 10 minutes to get out" of the parking lot type things. Not convenient at all!

A counterpoint also living in DC is that in some cities, the Level 2 charging infrastructure is a joke, and if you are an apartment dweller, might not even have access to a 120v plug for level 1 charging! The city of DC owns a couple of chargers on public streets that they don't maintain (the cords have been physically cut by vandals for > a year now at the one down the street from me) and the level 2s are all in private parking garages that charge $2/hr on top of charging costs to use. The supercharging network might be the most convenient for those folks even if it isn't what it was designed for!

Yes, were still at a point where more locations = better
Planning has a long way to go. The Sheetz/WaWa initiative down the I-95 corridor is a great example of practical expansion.

Reactions: MBx4
Sheets gives whole information, but Google is keeping track of responses and creating nice data views for me. I'm trying to see how that can be shared with everyone without giving people access to modify the form. Below is current snapshots.

View attachment 692036
View attachment 692026View attachment 692027
View attachment 692029View attachment 692030View attachment 692031View attachment 692032
View attachment 692034View attachment 692035
You need to update the survey language. VIN area asks for the first 3 of the last 5 digits. It should be first three of the last 6 digits. We already have some bad data flowing in there.

Reactions: joewithblueMY
I’ve seen people take their orders off hold and they literally get a vin a few days to a week later. I think Texas will have some production kinks to work out and I personally wouldn’t want one of their first few productions. Not sure why you think the paint will be better…?
I'd be more inclined to put it on hold for tax credits than some pipedream you're going to get the next gen car w/o paying for it. I'd hope Tesla wouldn't do that anyhow, I hope when they get that going it's a different option for a different price. Otherwise they're going to be stuck with100,000 canceled orders. And then if you want to switch to the AWD Plus for another $8,000 let you do it, and if not sit pat.

My plan is to drive the current car for a couple of years while they perfect production and crank through all the upgrades, then trade it in. And maybe even include FSD since it attaches to the car, not the owner.

Question for all. And I apologize if this has been answered...

What's been the general experience regarding EDD and actual delivery. Does the delivery date tend to be closer to the beginning date or end date.

I ordered my MYLR White/White on 6/21 and my latest EDD is 8/30-9/19. Should I expect delivery closer to 8/30 or closer to 9/19?
NONE OF THOSE

I agree with the gist. I think there could be some better planning and implementation (and I know this is a system still in development). The frustration re: Raleigh is completely valid. It is off I-440, which goes nowhere and anyone on a long distance trip has to go way out of the way to use it. Additionally, it is in the parking lot of an upscale target in a master planned community. One of those "takes 5 minutes to get in and 10 minutes to get out" of the parking lot type things. Not convenient at all!

A counterpoint also living in DC is that in some cities, the Level 2 charging infrastructure is a joke, and if you are an apartment dweller, might not even have access to a 120v plug for level 1 charging! The city of DC owns a couple of chargers on public streets that they don't maintain (the cords have been physically cut by vandals for > a year now at the one down the street from me) and the level 2s are all in private parking garages that charge $2/hr on top of charging costs to use. The supercharging network might be the most convenient for those folks even if it isn't what it was designed for!

Yes, were still at a point where more locations = better
Planning has a long way to go. The Sheetz/WaWa initiative down the I-95 corridor is a great example of practical expansion.
But to me if the local level 2 network is a joke, the answer is four more level 2 stations with four plugs each than one SC station with 8 or whatever the cost trade-off is.

When I emailed [email protected] about changing from tesla financing to DCU because of the 1.24% rate @65 mo, they did not offer to match it. Not sure if it was because I did not specifically ask for a match, or they did not want to, or the 65mo offer from DCU threw it out of an apples to apples comparison that would qualify. They just copied my SA on their reply to me and said my SA would change the funding source on my tesla page. Also, at DCU, you can't get it in writing until the VIN & MVPA is uploaded & the auto loan is finalized by phone call that reviews the uploaded documents so hard to prove you have that rate until much closer to delivery.
I got the match through chase for 1.24 at 72 months . Had to do lot of phone calls, emails but in 2 days time the rate was matched.

Reactions: Joe_B
Additionally, it is in the parking lot of an upscale target in a master planned community. One of those "takes 5 minutes to get in and 10 minutes to get out" of the parking lot type things. Not convenient at all!
Despite having a notoriously terrible memory about supercharger locations I'm convinced I've been to that one without actually looking back at my spreadsheet.

For the record, I totally agree superchargers are more important 50-100 miles *away* from where you live, not where you live, except for places with high density homes without dedicated parking. Here in Philly garages and driveways are rare. So while L2 in an apartment complex sounds great for overnight parking, Philly rowhomes with nothing but sparse street parking is common for tens of thousands of people. In my city alone. For those folks, a nearby supercharger that they sit at once a week for half an hour is key. As long as it doesn't also take more than 10 minutes to get to.

My friends bought a whole house on their block just to use the garage and buy a Tesla. They rent out the house itself. True story.

👋🏼 Just chasing my toddler around while I refresh hoping for the elusive blue button 😂 how are you??
just sitting in front of my desk, with chrome open and 2 tabs.. One is for tesla order page and another one is this thread. Refreshing both pages to see if there is any update in either one of them. atleast this page keeps me engaged 🤣