Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't for the life of me figure out how to apply for Tesla financing. I have a loan through a 3rd-party bank, which has expired, but I'd rather just go through Tesla.

Where do I find this option? I know it's there when you're first configuring your car, but now I can't find nuttin'. On the support pages it says to go to Payment Method, but all I have there is a credit card (used for the $100 deposit) and no other options pop up, no matter how hard I smash the keyboard.

Li'l help?
You may have to call your SA and get it changed. I know when I wanted to change it from financing to cash, just to push my order further, my SA did it all over the phone.

My May 25th order has been JUST 2 weeks away for the past 2 weeks. I will wake up every morning and check my EDD and it has shifted back EXACTLY one day. Since my order date, I have kept track of all of my EDD changes knowing full well it would change multiple times (37 and counting), but these particular "shifts" are just extra frustrating. Here is the summary of the just the past two weeks:

July 25- august 10-august 30
July 28 - August 11 - August 30
July 29 - august 12- august 31
July 30 - August 13 - August 30
July 31 - August 14 - August 31
August 1 - august 15- august 31
August 2 - August 16- august 31
August 3 - August 18- September 5
August 4 - august 18-September 1
August 5 - August 19 - September 2
August 6 - august 20 - September 1
August 7 - august 21 - September 1
August 9 - august 23 - September 3
August 10 - august 24 - September 9

Is anyone else experiencing the "two weeks away" EDD changes? It's like the goal post keeps moving and I'll never get there!

I stopped by my delivery location yesterday to see if they had any "behind the scenes" info, but the SA who I spoke with was actually pretty rude and wouldn't even look up my order without an actual VIN. I got the generic "we don't know anything until the VIN is assigned, best of luck to you"

My May 25th order details: MYLR, MSM/Black interior, + Tow, +FSD, 19in wheels. Delivery Location: Decatur, GA
Same exact build as you and almost the same order date. My EDD has been about 2 days aways for almost a month now :)

I feel like I should join the trend of ordering a Performance model to see if it delivers before my....uh...original order for a Performance model.
If you want to play the game, may be order one for each combination to see which one comes first ;).

You can sell the rest. I don't charge business opportunity commission for friendly advice :).

Your SA or online chat advisor can open it back up. I would wait till you get a VIN unless you do not mind reapplying and taking the hits.
OK, I'll hit up my SA, though I don't really have one. I sent a text as a reply to other Tesla texts I have received.

I got my VIN this morning, so I should be good there.

Thanks for the help.

Just got this from @TEMAI giveaway :) super stoked to get to use it. Just get on the TEMI thread here at TMAI giveaway and simply write something that they have on their site and you might actually get it. Not to many there so chances are high you win. :p And i never win anything usually lol.

Image (1).jpeg

Thought I'll give an update. Performance model Y(ordered like 3 days ago) says August 27th - September 17... LR order (ordered back in may) says October 17-30th.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have a vacation October 16th around the model Y.

Advice anyone?
set up distill notifications on the inventory aggregator sites (ev-tsla and tesla-info) as well as the tesla existing inventory page. Last night a MSM/ Black LR5 came up but I missed it by a few minutes. By early september we'll see inventory start to come up.

Reactions: PatrickTM
My May 25th order has been JUST 2 weeks away for the past 2 weeks. I will wake up every morning and check my EDD and it has shifted back EXACTLY one day. Since my order date, I have kept track of all of my EDD changes knowing full well it would change multiple times (37 and counting), but these particular "shifts" are just extra frustrating. Here is the summary of the just the past two weeks:

July 25- august 10-august 30
July 28 - August 11 - August 30
July 29 - august 12- august 31
July 30 - August 13 - August 30
July 31 - August 14 - August 31
August 1 - august 15- august 31
August 2 - August 16- august 31
August 3 - August 18- September 5
August 4 - august 18-September 1
August 5 - August 19 - September 2
August 6 - august 20 - September 1
August 7 - august 21 - September 1
August 9 - august 23 - September 3
August 10 - august 24 - September 9

Is anyone else experiencing the "two weeks away" EDD changes? It's like the goal post keeps moving and I'll never get there!

I stopped by my delivery location yesterday to see if they had any "behind the scenes" info, but the SA who I spoke with was actually pretty rude and wouldn't even look up my order without an actual VIN. I got the generic "we don't know anything until the VIN is assigned, best of luck to you"

My May 25th order details: MYLR, MSM/Black interior, + Tow, +FSD, 19in wheels. Delivery Location: Decatur, GA
Just a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere. Sorry I couldn’t resist! Frustrating is an understatement - keep positive that you already have that VIN! Someone is getting one, might as well be you!!!!!

I am now wondering what happens to my Tesla financing lol. I have my vin, and delivery date scheduled, but my financing approval is set to expire on August 13th, which is before my delivery date of Aug 23rd. I wonder if Tesla will pull another Tesla and make me go through reapproval again. Anyone go through this situation?

Meanwhile I am so happy I can drop another $175 satisfying myself with a diecast mini Tesla. I had never explored the Tesla shop before today. I had no idea I could buy so many expensive baubles.
I saw a TikTok where someone said they finally got to use their expensive Tesla umbrella. I thought to myself “an umbrella can’t be that expensive, right?”. $60–touché, Elon 😳😂

I am now wondering what happens to my Tesla financing lol. I have my vin, and delivery date scheduled, but my financing approval is set to expire on August 13th, which is before my delivery date of Aug 23rd. I wonder if Tesla will pull another Tesla and make me go through reapproval again. Anyone go through this situation?
Worse case, another soft pull will be done on the 13th just aimed to see if there have been any major changes to your credit (like buying another car or home). The best case is that you will get your documents for review on or before the 13th and be able to complete the payment/financing.

Reactions: MBx4