Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so…. it’s not my MYP. but my peloton just arrived. time to get it going to look as good as my car when i picked her up in a week!

Attachments

• 155D031C-0BAE-4688-AA61-9C01F5194C94.jpeg
    155D031C-0BAE-4688-AA61-9C01F5194C94.jpeg
    471.4 KB · Views: 66
I was thinking of opening a Vanguard Index account for some time now. This makes me wish I pulled that trigger earlier. Any tips, please feel free to share in a message! I’m new to learning about Vanguard thus why I havent done so yet.

VTI, VNQ, BND, VXUS

I am not a broker, and you should consider all risks associated with investing. Also, I can’t PM yet, so there’s that too

Not to derail the thread and go into investing, but attaining 5% to 10% per year is not only possible, but it’s extremely easy by investing through index funds. In fact, that’s kinda the market minimum benchmark against which investments are measured. This is personal finance and retirement planning 101 stuff.

“The most recent 20-year span, from 2000 to 2020, not only included three bull markets and two bear markets, but it also experienced a couple of major black swans with the terrorist attacks in 2001 and the financial crisis in 2008. There were also a couple of outbreaks of war on top of widespread geopolitical strife, yet the S&P 500 still managed to generate a return of 8.2% with reinvested dividends.”
Preach! #indexfundsFTW

🚨😂dumb question alert😂🚨:
How do you schedule a test drive with Tesla? We don’t have a local showroom, so a guy from our local Tesla FB page was nice enough to show us his MY before we ordered, but I’ve never actually driven one myself. We’ll be in Nashville next week, so I’m thinking of trying to stop by their showroom and see if we can take a MY out. Do you call them ahead of time to schedule or can that be done online or just by walk-in?

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
Me too! Looked them up and the best rate was 1.49%, ( much better than 2.49%) but it’s my understanding that if You’re referred you may receive a 1.24% rate. Please send the referral link, code, email if you have it.
you don't need referral to get that rate.. referral just gives you 20$ and referrer gets 10$. You need to have direct deposit and buy an EV to get 1.24% APR.

I just asked a member for it so let’s see if they can send me one. I need to know if I just apply through the regular link?
I can send referral if needed. DM me your full name and email
Can someone help me out with a DCU referral as well? I cannot PM yet, but any help would be appreciated!

🚨😂dumb question alert😂🚨:
How do you schedule a test drive with Tesla? We don’t have a local showroom, so a guy from our local Tesla FB page was nice enough to show us his MY before we ordered, but I’ve never actually driven one myself. We’ll be in Nashville next week, so I’m thinking of trying to stop by their showroom and see if we can take a MY out. Do you call them ahead of time to schedule or can that be done online or just by walk-in?
go here Schedule a Test Drive | Tesla and schedule one to make sure you have availability. It's also good to call the center to make sure they have some MY available to test drive.

you don't need referral to get that rate.. referral just gives you 20$ and referrer gets 10$. You need to have direct deposit and buy an EV to get 1.24% APR.

if i have a loan with DCU for a toyota, but i don't have a checking account with them, what's the lowest rate i'll get assuming 800+ score, from what i remember i have a 2.99 for my toyota and they offered a 0.5% drop if i opened a checking account and signed up for direct deposit. when i calculated my monthly payment of 2.49 with tesla vs 1.49 with dcu, it was a difference of $19 per month and a $1300 total interest difference.

🚨😂dumb question alert😂🚨:
Not dumb at all. Have you tried searching for Nashville Tesla’s website? I scheduled met test drive through Rocklin, CA website.

Reactions: collaGOunltd
🚨😂dumb question alert😂🚨:
In addition to the link that Hangover shared, you can do it through your SA. Our SA was very helpful in setting up the test drive for us as we wanted to drive M3 and MY in both long range and performance. She did the scheduling for us and confirmed car availability. Tesla tries to default to just one 30 min appointment, which is not enough time if you want to compare models. We did 3 hours of test driving all back to back … and just completely fell hard for the MY performance.

Truth is, in 2011 I had a financial advisor (from USAA) who told me where to invest my cadet loan money…and then I read the book “Millionaire Teacher” about how a school teacher became a millionaire through frugality and index funds by the age of 40. It blew my mind, and planted the seed. I discussed the topic with a couple of my econ professors, other cadets, and with a little more reading and research, came to some conclusions.

It made me realize that my USAA financial advisor was seriously ripping me off, as most financial advisors do. There’s an entire community of public service professionals (teachers, govt, first responders, etc.) and other modest income people who retire with multi-million dollar portfolios by stashing their Roth IRAs and TSPs (401k for federal employees) with continual contributions into low cost, widely diversified index funds. I’m glad I learned those lessons at age 20, and it’s one of the reasons why I’m in a financial position to buy a Tesla at age 30.

I understand why someone would avoid car debt, even at a greater opportunity cost. There’s great peace of mind of not having a car loan. I respect that. Just don’t justify your decision to do so by saying 5% to 10% annual return investments are hard to come by. Full disclosure, across my three Vanguard index funds I average 13.6% per year, from March 2012 to present. Their fund performance (and cost basis) is no secret, and open to everyone. My TSP has done marginally better, but that’s just for military and feds.
You’re speaking my language!

Not a financial advisor, nor would I ever give financial advice, but I also started with that Andrew Hallam book. Without it, I wouldn’t be in a financial position to buy a Tesla at all and I’m thankful for “Millionaire Teacher” as well as Vicky Robin’s “Your Money or Your Life” for allowing us to build healthy relationships with money. Wish I would’ve learned in younger years, but it’s never too late.

To bring it back on the Tesla rails, I’ve always loved the company and this was a very strategic purchase for us for many reasons. It still seems surreal.

• Love
Reactions: PatrickTM