Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove a VW ID-4 and it felt great despite the low range, no wow factor and price gauge by all dealerships in the country. The Mach-E gigantic center console screen is, ya know, gigantic! way too big for the car, and after seeing the F-150 Lightning pick-up truck, one can say the same huge screen is used there, then again it doesn't look big on the F-150 since it's a big ass truck! and the Mach-E is tiny in comparison.
I drove the Mach-E and found it to be a stellar first effort from Ford. There were some things about it I didn’t like with the poor acceleration being the worst. Then there’s always the issue with the charging network. Since then I’ve seen some breakdowns of how it’s built and I believe they’ve made it overly complicated. Many more places for it to fail than on a Tesla.

I didn’t like the seating height and some other interior items so I won’t be buying it. However, it impressed me enough to buy some Ford stock. I think the Lightning will get a lot of interest because of its name and its normal looks. That should boost the stock if all goes well.

Tom

Reactions: GOVA
I drove the Mach-E and found it to be a stellar first effort from Ford. There were some things about it I didn’t like with the poor acceleration being the worst. Then there’s always the issue with the charging network. Since then I’ve seen some breakdowns of how it’s built and I believe they’ve made it overly complicated. Many more places for it to fail than on a Tesla.

I didn’t like the seating height and some other interior items so I won’t be buying it. However, it impressed me enough to buy some Ford stock. I think the Lightning will get a lot of interest because of its name and its normal looks. That should boost the stock if all goes well.

Tom
EV is going to be a hard sell to the pickup crowd as it is, the Cybertruck design is too radical to sway any of that crowd. The Lightning is going to be the EV truck people buy who want a truck. The Cybertruck is going to be a novelty vehicle.

Dumping those hoses from the Mach E out on the table....

Sandy Munro Video on YouTube
That's what pushed me over the edge. Wife loves the look of the Mach-E, first time she's ever come home and said 'hey I saw this cool looking car today', she's not a car person at all. Between that and those Munro vids showing how complex the Mach E is, hoses and hoses and hoses, we decided to go Tesla. The charging network is just gravy as I'll be doing 99.9% of charging at home or work.

Yes, finally! November seems really far away for a May 8 order, when did you complete your profile? Your config seems pretty standard.
Profile completed in June…been through a few Tesla Trade-in odometer updates. There was a point where my EDD was October for a while, and then no EDD for a while, then I got the Nov 2-22 EDD last week. It hasn’t changed since. I hope they really are working on fulfilling the Q2 orders, like they told you, and I get good news soon.

GA folks getting VINs is really getting me excited for mine since I ordered a week after you. I should have a VIN by next Thursday, right?
I'd say an enthusiastic "yes!" I had just told myself earlier this week that I wasn't going to check any longer and wait for the email. Well, I lied to myself, checked early yesterday to no changes. Then last night around 9:45pm. I got the email! I also changed the interior, so I'm really hoping other VINS pop-up soon.

Reactions: GoGators!