Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No change in EDD. Still 10/20-11/9.

In other news, a Ford dealer called me with a Mach E offer which he was originally selling for MSRP + 2 k. They've now dropped the price to MSRP. It's a sign that demand is moderating. I still turned it down because I have decided to wait for my model Y. For a long time I was equally drawn to both cars. But now I have been turned around by thinking long and hard about the supercharging network and the advantages it offers versus the $7500 tax credit.

Having said that, having test driven both cars extensively, I do think the Mach E is the first credible competitor to the Tesla. It's a great car.
Not going to lie I went back and forth on both as well, and there was a Mach E just sitting at the local ford dealer for the taking, ultimately decided on the Tesla for the same reason the charging network. Though my girlfriend is now heavily interested in the Mach E (she has bought Fords her entire life, so she is drawn to it). Though I do have a friend who works in Ford's engineering team and is not happy with me for not picking the Mach E.

I always thought there could be a full gym powered by the treadmills and bikes of the participants. Maybe too much to fully power the gym, but every bit helps! Nice to see it was put into action somewhere!
Oh I'm pretty sure when the like 50+ of them were full that everything except the huge HVAC was self powered. I think the last figure I remember they were at 22.4 MWh so far for that year and it was just over half way but that was like 10 years ago lol.

I always thought there could be a full gym powered by the treadmills and bikes of the participants. Maybe too much to fully power the gym, but every bit helps! Nice to see it was put into action somewhere!
This is getting totally off topic from our delivery date woes discussion, but I can't resist. If you want a clear quantitative perspective of the actions we could take realistically which could make the biggest difference, here is a great read.

Unfortunately, the author a Cambridge University physics professor passed away from cancer. Taken too early. If you are technically inclined, there is much here for you to sink your teeth into. If you are not, you can still get a lot. He provides a quick analysis, and then defers detailed engineering analysis to the second half of the book. It's a free downloadable book by the way.

No change in EDD. Still 10/20-11/9.

In other news, a Ford dealer called me with a Mach E offer which he was originally selling for MSRP + 2 k. They've now dropped the price to MSRP. It's a sign that demand is moderating. I still turned it down because I have decided to wait for my model Y. For a long time I was equally drawn to both cars. But now I have been turned around by thinking long and hard about the supercharging network and the advantages it offers versus the $7500 tax credit.

Having said that, having test driven both cars extensively, I do think the Mach E is the first credible competitor to the Tesla. It's a great car.
I test drove a VW ID-4 and it felt great despite the low range, no wow factor and price gauge by all dealerships in the country. The Mach-E gigantic center console screen is, ya know, gigantic! way too big for the car, and after seeing the F-150 Lightning pick-up truck, one can say the same huge screen is used there, then again it doesn't look big on the F-150 since it's a big ass truck! and the Mach-E is tiny in comparison.

I am going to laugh if your dates "suddenly" move back in.
You guys were right. It was the profile pic. Dates moved back in from January 2021.

1628781002300.png

Any recommendation for read door PPF, as its sold out on Tesla website. Taking delivery this month, and no response from SA when I asked about factory installed PPF. To be safe, I am planning to buy 3rd party ppf for rear door that I can install.

Thanks in advance for recommendations.

Not going to lie I went back and forth on both as well, and there was a Mach E just sitting at the local ford dealer for the taking, ultimately decided on the Tesla for the same reason the charging network. Though my girlfriend is now heavily interested in the Mach E (she has bought Fords her entire life, so she is drawn to it). Though I do have a friend who works in Ford's engineering team and is not happy with me for not picking the Mach E.
Charging network for me, too. I was really close to waiting for the Ariya, but in the end I figured it would be a compromise and I just don't feel like compromising. I want performance, range, and a charging network and there's really only one option.

However, I have to admit I'll be really irritated if they actually pass that $40k limit for the tax credit, it's almost like they're intentionally trying to hurt Tesla.

Today’s EDD 8/13-8/25. This is the first time my window is under 14 days. Someone earlier on in this thread mentioned this was good sign. I hope this is true because after 3 months, I don’t know how much longer I can take lol.
It unfortunately has not yet ever been a good sign for me. Every time the dates get within 11 or 12 days of each other, the late date moves out another week. My front date remains 2 weeks away as it has for the last couple months.

I am now at 8/27-9/11 - always 15 days away. Today is day 96! This Saturday will be 14 weeks.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I test drove a VW ID-4 and it felt great despite the low range, no wow factor and price gauge by all dealerships in the country. The Mach-E gigantic center console screen is, ya know, gigantic! way too big for the car, and after seeing the F-150 Lightning pick-up truck, one can say the same huge screen is used there, then again it doesn't look big on the F-150 since it's a big ass truck! and the Mach-E is tiny in comparison.
That's the thing I learned watching Sandy Munro on YouTube. Ford designs their cars to use similar parts across different models for production and service department benefits. They've been doing it for 100 years. Tesla isn't encumbered by that way of thinking & designs to problem solve, not to reuse parts.

The HVAC teardown of the Mach E vs the Model Y is fascinating.

Charging network for me, too. I was really close to waiting for the Ariya, but in the end I figured it would be a compromise and I just don't feel like compromising. I want performance, range, and a charging network and there's really only one option.

However, I have to admit I'll be really irritated if they actually pass that $40k limit for the tax credit, it's almost like they're intentionally trying to hurt Tesla.
Not just Tesla. All versions of the Mach E, the ID4, and the Ioniq 5. Nothing will qualify, except the Leaf and possibly the Bolt. Maybe the Rav 4 Prime (not sure about that). Also they want to limit to income less than $100 k (not sure if that's individual or married filing jointly).