Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See that is what i am talking about....atleast other companies give a proper status like if the order is currently in production , in transit etc...I don't mind the delay but this random EDD without a pattern is bullshit
Right. Ordered later, in June I’ve been receiving cars, and people that ordered earlier even in April, still don’t have cars. So it’s not an order it’s not in first come first serve basis, it’s literally just a mess.

Right. Ordered later, in June I’ve been receiving cars, and people that ordered earlier even in April, still don’t have cars. So it’s not an order it’s not in first come first serve basis, it’s literally just a mess.
Agreed...i honestly don't believe its the first in first out order system they are following....I feel it is pretty random at this point...Apple has a better supply chain management.....when we preorder an iphone(even though the wait maybe a few weeks to months) they give us a EDD range and that mostly has been accurate

Front date pushed back 4 days and the rear date pushed back 7 days

August 29 - September 18​

😞😭
Same here. went from 8/26 - 9/12 to 8/30 - 9/19. This is ridiculous, I am seriously about to buy another vehicle and just cancel this! Every week it seem to move out another week. On August 1st I was 15 days away from the beginning EDD, now I'm 17 days away from the beginning EDD. WTF!!!! How can any company operate this poorly, absolutely pathetic. Rant over, please carry on with your VIN celebrations.

I reached out to my SA yesterday despite kind of expecting nothing useful out of the effort. He indicated most have experienced dates shifting a little later (I think he meant here locally) and said he fully expects to have me in the car before the end of September. That was yesterday when my end date was set at 9/8. So goes without saying that was a bit of a body blow given I finally sold my car this week due to how close to the delivery window I have been for weeks.
Hopefully they follow through on that for you and all of us really. They told me the same thing about Q2 - SA was super confident when I ordered on May 8th I would have it by end of June. But they did do the switch to Tesla Vision and there was a huge delay where they did no deliveries for a while. Hopefully nothing that extreme this quarter and we all get our cars within Q3!

Strange thing happened to me today... went to login, notice that the account page said 2021 Tesla model y. I was like huh, I don't remember that being there before... it always said something like model Y but no year...was it always there? Anyways I click manage and BOOM! Blue button and VIN of 251!! I can't believe it actually happened. Got white/white interior. Fantastic!! This is after having the EDD slip back to October a couple of times.

Agreed...i honestly don't believe its the first in first out order system they are following....I feel it is pretty random at this point...Apple has a better supply chain management.....when we preorder an iphone(even though the wait maybe a few weeks to months) they give us a EDD range and that mostly has been accurate

I think Tesla needs to do away with the ability to order on a phone for $100 without ever speaking to a human being. In the least, $100 to reserve the car via the website or the app, and then a SA calls you to discuss details. Once you want the order to go into production, a larger deposit is needed. Let the $100 hold the current price for x amount of days, but it's not converted to an order until the larger deposit is made.

I think that would make the EDD's much more accurate as they'd be only dealing with serious buyers.

FOR ****S SAKE ELON!!!! OCTOBER 18TH - NOVEMBER ****ING 7TH FOR A ****ING MAY ORDER! This is ****ing ridiculous! I'm tired of watching people who ordered months after getting their orders.... WHAT THE ****! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: today's just ****ing starting great.
Don’t focus on that crazy EDD. Focus on you sitting in your MY and driving your MY. Feel that it is happening right now!

Reactions: MBx4 and TESRP