Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@eleven24 If I recall correctly, a customer is legally allowed to test drive a Tesla at a Tesla Gallery, purely for demo purposes. But the moment you try to talk about price with an employee, it becomes illegal because then it crosses the line into "sales". The employee will tell you to visit the website or call the 1-800 number that directs you to an out-of-state call center if you have any price/ordering questions.

The law really is that dumb.
They will just refer you to the website. I actually made a comment about ordering "right now" and they told me that I cannot order there, I have to do it on my own, on their website.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Hello, just joined and first post here. Wanted to share my experience so far:
Ordered my MYLR 05/25/21 and originally said 3-11 weeks delivery from May 25th. It is white, black interior, 19” Gemini wheels and I added tow hitch. The estimated delivery times have moved almost daily since I ordered with a couple of times saying it would be October. As of this morning, It was EDT of August 28-September 13. I am in middle Tennessee area.
I usually dont get to excited over a vehicle but this one has got me …. Find myself checking my account daily. My son just bought a 2018 M3 with acceleration boost and I couldn’t believe how much fun it was to drive.

In my honest frank opinion, it is ridiculous whoever has ordered a MYLR and is now also ordering a MYP ontop of having the MYLR order. You are pushing our MYLR orders even further back because they prioritize MYP first before MYLR. Have some respect for the majority of us and not be selfish and just to think about yourselves, we all have been waiting for months for our cars. Being selfish isn't a good thing always believe in karma and faith.. Now our dates are being pushed because they're prioritizing THE MYP orders as those are the more money source for them..
How is it selfish? They are the ones purchasing and paying for the car, not you. So why should they stop from getting something while you are waiting for something else?
I am waiting as well, but having someone order a MYP and getting it earlier doesn't mean they are affecting my order, or my pocket.

You know there are other car manufacturers that are delivering their vehicles within a month frame. Why not switch to them? You knew there would be a wait with Tesla, so why complain? Unless you had an EDD and still haven't received your vehicle yet.

This is Tesla’s choice to prioritize profit margins of MYP over MYLR. If people are willing to pay $7k+ more to get their car earlier according to Tesla’s rules, then don’t get mad at them.

While I don’t love that Tesla is likely manipulating the order timelines for more profit, it is also their right to do so. No where does it say it’s a ‘first come, first serve’ system. Companies make decisions to do this all the time. In fact, the whole history of Tesla, according to their Master Plan, has been based on this principle:

This is my opinion and I can state it.

The debate over those ordering a MYP while waiting on their MYLR magnifies the bigger problem of Tesla allowing anyone to anonymously place an order for $100 with zero obligation. Even those who place a single order with no real intention (or financial means) to follow through on that order creates an inflated and inaccurate number of orders for which an accurate EDD is impossible to calculate.

I've often suggested a better procedure to be $100 to hold the price. Then a Tesla SA contacts you, finalizes the details and processes the order. Most of the "on a whim" orders would never happen, or end when having to speak with an actual person. One step further, have the $100 deposit only turn into a to build order when another $500 (or some amount) is also paid.

I think we'd then see more accurate EDD's, similar to the one I would get when placing a BMW order. I certainly wouldn't go to the BMW dealer and tell my salesman I want to order an X5 and and X5M. Whichever came in first I'll take.

Did anyone remove FSD after VIN assignment and did that update the pricing to current pricing for whole car? My delivery rep said i can remove it but my pricing will change to current pricing which i think is not true. She said online system will let me know. Anyone did that and did that cause any issue and pricing change other than FSD price deduction?

Did anyone remove FSD after VIN assignment and did that update the pricing to current pricing for whole car? My delivery rep said i can remove it but my pricing will change to current pricing which i think is not true. She said online system will let me know. Anyone did that and did that cause any issue and pricing change other than FSD price deduction?
I also read that removing FSD will change your price.

Reactions: PatrickTM
The debate over those ordering a MYP while waiting on their MYLR magnifies the bigger problem of Tesla allowing anyone to anonymously place an order for $100 with zero obligation. Even those who place a single order with no real intention (or financial means) to follow through on that order creates an inflated and inaccurate number of orders for which an accurate EDD is impossible to calculate.

I've often suggested a better procedure to be $100 to hold the price. Then a Tesla SA contacts you, finalizes the details and processes the order. Most of the "on a whim" orders would never happen, or end when having to speak with an actual person. One step further, have the $100 deposit only turn into a to build order when another $500 (or some amount) is also paid.

I think we'd then see more accurate EDD's, similar to the one I would get when placing a BMW order. I certainly wouldn't go to the BMW dealer and tell my salesman I want to order an X5 and and X5M. Whichever came in first I'll take.
I agree, the 100 bucks “down payment” is a joke really … I posted few days ago that I bicycle shop asked 1k down payment for a bicycle; Tesla should ask 2k for its down payment and reimburse only half in case of cancellation; that would teach them and would explain people showing off on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram with screenshots of “purchasing” a Tesla … the latest trend seems to be “buying” the Model S Plaid, take the screenshot, post on the aforementioned social media sites, and immediately cancel the order! what a bunch of losers! you can tell from their previous posts that they cannot afford a Tesla.

Reactions: TESRP and Rovin