Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"EDDs mean nothing" Im saying this as a mantra especially after this morning's OCTOBER BS.
The SA I talked on Friday told me I should see my MY in ten days. He ha better be right, I don't think I have much more hair to pull out.
Only been about a month since ordering but I still login multiple times a day hoping something changed. Should probably find something to do before I go crazy haha
Good luck and stay calm, it is always beyond their EDD. I ordered May 13 and am still anxiously waiting. Stopped by Tesla after work today and they “assured “ me I would have my VIN in two weeks and vehicle within 5 days after that. I’m hoping they aren’t lying to me again but not holding my breath. We are beyond the 5-12 weeks, I know we are in the 13 week but would have appreciated an email explaining the delay.

Once again this is my personal opinion, if your biased upon it that is not my fault. I can state my personal opinion.
Respectfully, you're posting your personal opinion on a forum. No one is denying you the privilege to do so. But at the same time, you're posting your personal opinion on a forum, where others can also respond. A forum like this one is meant for discussion. Just as you can express your frustrations with people making double orders, others can respond too. Replying an saying "this is my personal opinion, I'm allowed to share" defeats the entire purpose of posting on a public forum.

Others went out of the way in an attempt to respectfully foster conversation. It appears that you don't intend to do the same. Unfortunate.

Please share with us what wheel/tire combo you end up going with for your winter set up! Looking forward to it.

Going for 20s, MSW Type 49s at the moment. Not sure on tire and brand but there is a blow out for PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON tires on them. Might just go with them for now.

What’s your thoughts on the look? From what I read MSWs are made for higher end SUVs.

9811AD08-5543-4B2A-ACBA-0E493E6530AD.jpeg

340ACDCA-EBF3-481F-8820-D4F7049A41A1.jpeg

Surprise: I did not receive a VIN overnight. Really can’t believe it considering how fast Tesla delivers cars and how accurate the estimated delivery dates are.

On a more serious note, just noticed the order site is quoting 5-6 weeks delivery for performance Y down from 5-7 recently. It appears the end of quarter push has arrived.
i'm seeing a lot of east coast people who have a EDD range of approximately 8/28 - 9/10 +/- 5 days.. That should be something right?

Noticed the same…
If only my LR dates were not approximately two weeks away since end of July….
My orders are going to help reveal what’s happening into the close of the quarter.
Same. The LR has consistently had a Sept EDD, but the MYP has always been was few days ahead. Time will tell! I feel like a batch of P's are about to come off the line based on EDDs a lot of us have that are similar.

If you really wanted, I think you can easily sell your brand new 20" Induction Wheels with brand new tires, and buy aftermarket Martian Wheels and come out about even. Martian Wheels makes Model Y specific wheels as small as 18" so you can have maximum sidewall and winter grip. Their wheels are just a tad narrower too, so they don't stick out beyond the rubber sidewall so there's far less chance of curb rash.

Bonus: after "upgrading" to 18" wheels, every subsequent tire purchase become hundreds of dollars cheaper, for the rest of your life! Okay, I'm cheap. I'll show myself out.
That's really smart. My better half feels strongly that SUVs (Model X, Y, Jeep, etc) look stupid with smaller wheels but I'm a cheap-o too and said "are you going to pay for my replacement tires every 2 years plus whenever I hit a pothole near work?"
I will 100% disagree with you. They can literally change their customer base from dealer to population. Exactly how tesla does it. Dealerships are not their "Customers" they are their partners.
There is no third party involved with Tesla. Its Tesla to your door. Dealership is this - Manufacturer - dealership - hours at dealership- then possibly at your door. All while paying different prices.
Ford CEO: Good morning, Bob. It's Jim. I'm not going to sell cars to you anymore.
Millionaire Dealership Owner Bob: TF you talkin' about, son?
Jim: I'd like to sell directly to consumers
Bob: So they'd test drive where, exactly?
Jim.....
Bob: And they'd get service where, exactly?
Jim....
Bob: I had Senator Smith over for dinner last night. You'll get him to change the laws in our state how, exactly?
Jim:....
Bob: Go back to bed, Jim. You're drunk.

They can't change. Even the FTC thinks they should but understands that some states simply won't allow it and are, in fact, doubling down:

That's really smart. My better half feels strongly that SUVs (Model X, Y, Jeep, etc) look stupid with smaller wheels but I'm a cheap-o too and said "are you going to pay for my replacement tires every 2 years plus whenever I hit a pothole near work?"

Ford CEO: Good morning, Bob. It's Jim. I'm not going to sell cars to you anymore.
Millionaire Dealership Owner Bob: TF you talkin' about, son?
Jim: I'd like to sell directly to consumers
Bob: So they'd test drive where, exactly?
Jim.....
Bob: And they'd get service where, exactly?
Jim....
Bob: I had Senator Smith over for dinner last night. You'll get him to change the laws in our state how, exactly?
Jim:....
Bob: Go back to bed, Jim. You're drunk.

They can't change. Even the FTC thinks they should but understands that some states simply won't allow it and are, in fact, doubling down:
I agree with you. They can't change, they are too deep in. I remember reading when this first started with the Mach E, Ford mentioned going to direct to consumer and the dealer network had a fit so now if you order, you have to choose a dealer to deliver through. And I just looked out of curiosity, website said 24+ weeks to get a Mach E ordered custom.

I agree with you. They can't change, they are too deep in. I remember reading when this first started with the Mach E, Ford mentioned going to direct to consumer and the dealer network had a fit so now if you order, you have to choose a dealer to deliver through. And I just looked out of curiosity, website said 24+ weeks to get a Mach E ordered custom.
I tried ordering a Mach-E but cancelled everything as soon as I got to the screen where they force you to choose a dealer, and ordered a Tesla on my phone ;-)