Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MYP!!! I took an hour to inspect my car. I found 0 swirls and paint flaws surprisingly.

There were several issues which is getting fixed tomorrow:
  • Minor panel gaps
  • Left spoiler isn’t glued all the way
  • Minor seat gap in the rear
  • Some residue marks on interior trim
No other flaws!!!! Quality has def improved. Job well done Tesla!
Looks amazing! Congrats 👏

Every customer wants their car as soon as possible. Don't blame Tesla's shite prioritization, poor planning, or global supply chain fiasco on other customers. If someone wants to pay more for a faster car that allows them to take delivery sooner, more power to them.

I am not willing to pay more for a car with thinner (summer) tires and stiffer suspension, because I know I'll have to spend even more money for new wheels/tires. However, I don't think Model Y Performance buyers who want their cars sooner are any more or less selfish than myself.
Once again this is my personal opinion, if your biased upon it that is not my fault. I can state my personal opinion.

Reactions: Vin_L and jpy1980
Three months ago I ordered my Tesla MYLR. I thought, good, I won't have to pay for another license renewal for my existing car (Due by end of August). Well, today I decided to stop waiting and headed over to DMV to pay the License Renewal and get the sticker for 2020. I wanted to share that it was the fastest and best experience I ever had at DMV, and we're talking about the California DMV. I walked into the office and got a number for the queue. Only two ahead of me. I was called within a few minutes and had my sticker in a few more minutes. In and out in 10 minutes! It was a Monday morning No appointment. I'm still amazed.

Three months ago I ordered my Tesla MYLR. I thought, good, I won't have to pay for another license renewal for my existing car (Due by end of August). Well, today I decided to stop waiting and headed over to DMV to pay the License Renewal and get the sticker for 2020. I wanted to share that it was the fastest and best experience I ever had at DMV, and we're talking about the California DMV. I walked into the office and got a number for the queue. Only two ahead of me. I was called within a few minutes and had my sticker in a few more minutes. In and out in 10 minutes! It was a Monday morning No appointment. I'm still amazed.
lord i remember having to start queueing at 6am in the morning for walk-in and was still the 20th person in the line. The DMV opened at 8 AM.

Btw i believe you can also renew at any DMV kiosk?

lord i remember having to start queueing at 6am in the morning for walk-in and was still the 20th person in the line. The DMV opened at 8 AM.

Btw i believe you can also renew at any DMV kiosk?
You can't renew online? Texas you get an inspection with a number on it at an inspection location (Valvoline, Jiffy Lube, etc). Go home, log into the website, plug that all in, give them your credit card, and magic - sticker shows up in the mail.

Reactions: PatrickTM and CSFTN
Pending delivery + Dashboard update tonight...

Delivery Date: Tentative Delivery Date set for August 23 @ 5pm. SA set as a tentative placeholder but said it could be sooner or later, depending on arrival.

VIN: Was always found in source code since I got it, never showing up directly on my page.

EDD: Disappeared as soon as I got a VIN and a delivery date, but found it in source code and I've been tracking it. Dates have been getting shorter each day.

Refreshed tonight around 8:30pm EDT (last refresh was around 7:30pm EDT w/ no changes) and site was glitchy and wouldn't load. After a few tries, I was able to get in and saw the following changes:
  • VIN is now showing on my main page
  • EDD (still only hidden in source code) shifted from 8/16-8/19 to 8/17-8/20 (first back-end date change)
Anyone else have a Dashboard update tonight?
You got me... I looked at the Tesla page for the 854,953 time today hoping for an update. I knew there wasn't going to be one and yet - still disappointed. After all these refreshes...

You can't renew online? Texas you get an inspection with a number on it at an inspection location (Valvoline, Jiffy Lube, etc). Go home, log into the website, plug that all in, give them your credit card, and magic - sticker shows up in the mail.
Yes I can. But the "magic" part is scary - my lease is expiring soon and I don't want to wait for another "2 weeks"

Reactions: Imeddy8
Yes, one can renew online too. Usually, I would have done that, but I planned to sell the car before now, so I waited until it's too late. I wouldn't get the sticker until after the beginning of September.

In California, we only smog our cars about every 2 years, with no safety inspection like in Texas. No stickers on our windshields, still that 1970's era sticker on the rear license plate, just like Texas used to have.

California DMV is catching up with the 2010's. There is still a long way to go. CA DMV was state of the art forty years ago. After years of resting on their laurels and a couple of decades of being underfunded, they're finally catching up with modern times, but that's a thread for another group.

Reactions: Imeddy8
Yes, one can renew online too. Usually, I would have done that, but I planned to sell the car before now, so I waited until it's too late. I wouldn't get the sticker until after the beginning of September.

In California, we only smog our cars about every 2 years, with no safety inspection like in Texas. No stickers on our windshields, still that 1970's era sticker on the rear license plate, just like Texas used to have.

California DMV is catching up with the 2010's. There is still a long way to go. CA DMV was state of the art forty years ago. After years of resting on their laurels and a couple of decades of being underfunded, they're finally catching up with modern times, but that's a thread for another group.
At one point my company wanted to move me there. Aside from the 2k credit on a new Tesla (not sure if that's still a thing), there was no incentive to move so I told them "no thank you".

Reactions: PatrickTM