Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I complain that my EDD gets pushed back a week at a time. At least I haven’t had to watch is push back a day every day for almost a month. That would definitely break me.

My dates are still sitting at 8/29-9/18 since Friday, I have a feeling my date will be pushed back soon.
Seriously these one day shifts are brutal, and just when the window gets tiny (12-13 days) I get a push back... just watch tomorrow I'll be looking at mid-late sept.

Ok, so... after finding these below. I think Im sold. Im kind of tired of the "spoke" design wheels and LOVE the Uberturbine style which is kind of wavy and EV'ish, if that makes sense. I have some TSportline versions on my 3 LR. That being said, going for a happy medium of both spokes, and a little "EV'sh", Im digging these....

20" Status Juggernauts which Ill place on Lizetti Tires | LZ-Six | Passenger / All-Seasons. With lock bolts and sensors, mounted and balanced.

$2529 shipped

I think Im sold.

View attachment 697689

View attachment 697690
These look nice. But then again, the MSW Type 49s aren't bad either. I'd say it's a win/win no matter which way you pick.

Two points of interest:
1. Are the offsets same for these wheels as the stock 20" Inductions? This changes how far your wheel "sticks out" of the body of the car, but also changes cornering behavior, tire scrub, etc.
2. Make sure you get the Tesla style bluetooth TMPS, not the "dumb" TPMS. Tire Rack should know what they're doing when it comes to this.

Picked up my vehicle yesterday at the Eatonville store outside of Orlando, FL.

Arrived on time, and the place was a madhouse; there are so many cars there it's nearly impossible to park, and once you do park, you're stuck there because people come up behind you and park in the aisle. Pretty much a shitshow.

I was sent outside to look at my MY and play with it while I waited for the guy to finish up. 30 minutes later, still waiting, so I went inside to and managed to find another guy who was more helpful; he was seemingly helping like six people close out their purchases while the guy I was originally waiting for decided to take a break or something. It took an hour before I got my tags and registration, then he had to run in and grab the keycards.

Drove straight home and played with it in the garage a bit. Wall charger is getting installed this morning.
Congrats! my wall charger was installed in 2015 for my wife's Chevy Volt and then her Chevy Bolt. I bought an additional J1772 adapter from Tesla website as the ones from Amazon had bad reviews and price difference was I dunno 10 bucks, so that I can have one at home and another in the car for non-Tesla charging stations.

Reactions: PatrickTM and TESRP
Well the dates corrected themselves today - for a couple days the early date was closer than 2 weeks. Tesla got my hopes up for a minute, but they got that all taken care of as today we are back to two weeks out. Whew! I was wondering when they were going to correct that mistake.

Day 101 since ordering. Current EDD is now 9/1 - 9/12. Forever and always two weeks away!
I feel your pain.

Reactions: TESRP
This morning my wife says "are you sure the Tesla is safe?" after seeing another Tesla crash report on TV. I told her the autopilot they're referring to is the exact same thing you have in your BMW, but it's called dynamic cruise control.

How about a report on all of the drivers who get into accidents because they're distracted, because that's all this is. Even with Tesla.

The more I see stories like this, the more I realize just how much we're all about to be the tipping point to EV adoption. Big oil & the ICE auto industry are scared to death. Keep promoting Tesla and EV's!!!
They were talking about this on a morning news podcast I listen to with my kids and girlfriend and all were like is it safe, and I said yes, everything they are talking about is some driver who was most likely not paying attention, like they should have, like the autopilot tells you to do even though its doing some of the tasks. I even said I bet its some oil/gas companies trying to push the fed to investigate because they see their profits drying up, to which my kids responded... "are there anymore waffles?"

so there is that...

These look nice. But then again, the MSW Type 49s aren't bad either. I'd say it's a win/win no matter which way you pick.

Two points of interest:
1. Are the offsets same for these wheels as the stock 20" Inductions? This changes how far your wheel "sticks out" of the body of the car, but also changes cornering behavior, tire scrub, etc.
2. Make sure you get the Tesla style bluetooth TMPS, not the "dumb" TPMS. Tire Rack should know what they're doing when it comes to this.
I've seen a bunch of your tire comments and your self-description as a "tire nerd." Would you mind providing a recommendation? I'm in the Northeast and typically have kept 2 sets of rims/tires for winter vs the rest of the time. So with the standard 19" Gemini on the LR, those would likely remain my 3 season combo and I am interested in your input for a winter rim/tire combo (taking into consideration price and performance, and least priority for me, but to satisfy my wife - aesthetics). Any advice or specific products to consider?

I am definitely not a tire nerd, and the extent of my knowledge is that winter tires help A LOT in the snow, and way more than what most think they are getting when purchasing a car with AWD. Hoping I can learn from the expert!

Two points of interest:
Great comment!

Looking into it, the OEM 20" are 20X9.5 +45. 31.55lbs each. These are made is tons of applications, and are a little heavier from what I see. Not sure Im loving the weight now that I see it. 40lbs! OOF. 21" Uber's are 38 & 39ish, so I guess its not a super dealbreaker. Im not really worried about range that much as is. I drive local anyways.

Last edited:
well no change in my EDD yet again, thats 4 days with no change, based on most everyone else's responses, I think this might be a record?
Nope, i have been stuck on September 27 - September 30 for about 2 weeks now! I don't understand the 3 day window but yet so far away. Also I’ll be out of the country for my wife’s bday that week which already I mentioned to my SA. This is truly a test of our marriage, wife bday or the car… 😓

well no change in my EDD yet again, thats 4 days with no change, based on most everyone else's responses, I think this might be a record?
I am similarly stable for the first time since my order. The pessimist in me says they’re leaving anything planned for after the quarter close alone and concentrating on the rest of Aug/Sep. Once the quarter closes, it’ll all start breaking loose on us again.

The optimist in me says yay, a stable and predictable EDD! C’mon Tesla, teach me the value of being an optimist!

Reactions: DaveGT
Nope, i have been stuck on September 27 - September 30 for about 2 weeks now! I don't understand the 3 day window but yet so far away. Also I’ll be out of the country for my wife’s bday that week which already I mentioned to my SA. This is truly a test of our marriage, wife bday or the car… 😓
I'm pretty sure they just literally will not let EDD ranges extend between quarters. Mine has consistently been at a 20 day range, but as soon as the front moved to 9/17, the range shrunk to 13 days to keep it in the quarter. You should probably think of yours as something more like 9/27 - 10/17.

I found the rims I want on my MYLR!! They are 22’s

Attachments

• 22776B52-C37B-4924-83A4-DE6BB5480613.jpeg
    22776B52-C37B-4924-83A4-DE6BB5480613.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 6098C6DC-6293-4721-AD77-8353E4ED24D5.jpeg
    6098C6DC-6293-4721-AD77-8353E4ED24D5.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 40E52FC0-DE87-4B12-A3EB-93A0DB92B54C.jpeg
    40E52FC0-DE87-4B12-A3EB-93A0DB92B54C.jpeg
    394.6 KB · Views: 41
  • A3B506E0-0438-41B1-BCB0-3902D0543D85.jpeg
    A3B506E0-0438-41B1-BCB0-3902D0543D85.jpeg
    355.8 KB · Views: 39
I've seen a bunch of your tire comments and your self-description as a "tire nerd." Would you mind providing a recommendation? I'm in the Northeast and typically have kept 2 sets of rims/tires for winter vs the rest of the time. So with the standard 19" Gemini on the LR, those would likely remain my 3 season combo and I am interested in your input for a winter rim/tire combo (taking into consideration price and performance, and least priority for me, but to satisfy my wife - aesthetics). Any advice or specific products to consider?

I am definitely not a tire nerd, and the extent of my knowledge is that winter tires help A LOT in the snow, and way more than what most think they are getting when purchasing a car with AWD. Hoping I can learn from the expert!
Can’t call myself a tire nerd, but I would consider running the stock 19s through the winters until they need replacing, at which time I would put dedicated winters on the 19 wheels. In the meantime, take your time shopping for some nicer weather tires/rims - they don’t have to be super low profile rough riders, but dedicated summer tires are so much nicer to drive (even in NJ).

Just my 2 cents. I typically do nearly 6 months on dedicated winters (in Minnesota our average temps are below 50F for about that every year) and then put on some better performers for the construction summer season.