Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased an inventory car online a few days ago and am picking it up this weekend. I removed FSD since I don't think that it is really worth it right now and probably wouldn't use it a lot. But I would be interested in trying a monthly subscription for it just to use it for a while and see if it could change my mind. My question is, since I removed FSD from an inventory car, do I assume they keep the FSD computer and HW3 installed on it or would I have to pay the $1000 to have the computer installed to allow me to use FSD?
Doesn't every car have the HW3 hardware whether you have FSD or not? So you are able to buy it later.

Not sure if you already got this, but you can try messaging 5103302539. My SA said this is a generic number & will be answered by anyone who is available. I have not tried it though.
I tried texting that number on Tuesday (I don’t have an SA), and still no response. I just ended up going to the showroom instead and talked to an SA there.

Last edited:
Weird DCU says I need to direct deposit my full salary to be eligible for Plus membership benefits...they say i will still be approved with .5% discount but i need to meet this criteria within 90 days
Are you actually going for the loan with DCU if so I believe that is what they told me as well. Basically they apply the discount, and if they dont see that criteria they'll take away the discount. So if you are using DCU just to get a rate match from Tesla, then it should be sufficient to just tell them that if you go with DCU you'll deposit the pay check there.

Reactions: Rovin
That's what I tried to tell him. He isn't having it. LOL.

Also, are there any cons to buying a demo? I would assume it's been flogged as people test drive those cars, right?
always a Gen 1 of any tech product will have its flaws. with new batteries being new tech, we never know what problems it might have. for example when tesla initially had their first version of battery in cars, i recall them catching fire with debris on road so they added titanium sleeve around battery pack to prevent it. i'm just concerned about new tech until it goes to mass production and they figure out the problems with it. same reason I didn't get Gen 1 Model Y.

there are some cons for DEMO vehicles. I was told by my SA that if it has any damages like chips on paint or curb rashes and other stuff they will not be fixed. however, they will fix issues like any broken pieces due to incorrect usage by test drivers like a loose or broken coat hanger. Previously people used to get thousands of dollars disc on demo when there isn't much demand. but with so high demand now on tesla's, you cant even get a dollar extra than what they advertised unless you are lucky.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Now that I think about it, I would think that they would still want demo vehicles available for test drives throughout the quarter. But then again, seeing as demand is at like 200%, they probably don't even need demo vehicles to test drive to be honest. May as well sell them now and bump numbers lol.
yep.. they can always say we don't have DEMO as we are in huge demand.. no one is going to question. there are people in this forum who ordered without even doing a test drive :)

I just purchased an inventory car online a few days ago and am picking it up this weekend. I removed FSD since I don't think that it is really worth it right now and probably wouldn't use it a lot. But I would be interested in trying a monthly subscription for it just to use it for a while and see if it could change my mind. My question is, since I removed FSD from an inventory car, do I assume they keep the FSD computer and HW3 installed on it or would I have to pay the $1000 to have the computer installed to allow me to use FSD?
every car comes standard now with complete FSD.. even if you remove it's just a software update. you will still be able to get FSD anytime in future.

Reactions: PatrickTM
always a Gen 1 of any tech product will have its flaws. with new batteries being new tech, we never know what problems it might have. for example when tesla initially had their first version of battery in cars, i recall them catching fire with debris on road so they added titanium sleeve around battery pack to prevent it. i'm just concerned about new tech until it goes to mass production and they figure out the problems with it. same reason I didn't get Gen 1 Model Y.

there are some cons for DEMO vehicles. I was told by my SA that if it has any damages like chips on paint or curb rashes and other stuff they will not be fixed. however, they will fix issues like any broken pieces due to incorrect usage by test drivers like a loose or broken coat hanger. Previously people used to get thousands of dollars disc on demo when there isn't much demand. but with so high demand now on tesla's, you cant even get a dollar extra than what they advertised unless you are lucky.
Gotcha! I don't think we'd want a demo based on that, but if a new LR pops up nearby I think I may jump on it and surprise him.

Reactions: Hangover
your wife hates blue? :rolleyes:

YEP, wants MSM or black, maybe white....but last 3 cars have been white
The blue on the Tesla is so gorgeous though! I've never considered color on a car until I test drove a blue MY. Went with white, but every time I see a blue MY, I think, "damn that's gorgeous".

But I get it, happy wife happy life 😂