Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wished for VIN before we hit 1500 pages (I wished 1000 too) and BAM!!!, their it was, the glorious pretty blue looking thing waiting for me to press it 🤣 .

I am in my bed smiling ear to ear 😃 😂

Looks like highest number I have seen so far here. XXXX254XXX.

EDD is still 09/02 - 09/14. Same EDD for last two days.

Good luck everyone, I predict lots of LR today.
Congrats! 🎉

I got through once out of probably over 20 attempts. Dude was…unhelpful (if I'm being diplomatic).

Im probably going to give Richmond a call again tomorrow. Ol’boy there was pretty good, even if what he told me (soft match for Aug 22) was complete BS. Im shockingly okay with them misleading me, but ignore me? Nay nay nay

I'm kind of the same way. I'm ok with the extended wait; it's not fun but in the big scheme of things an extra month or two is no big deal (unless you have some extenuating circumstances). But being in a black hole in a new and different process where I have lots of basic 'how does this work' questions and knowing I have essentially no way to get answers (except for here) is frustrating.

And actually, I think a lot of the frustration here is someone asks a question, gets an answer that's right 94.7% of the time, but because of some little oddity in their particular situation they're in 5.3%. It's one thing to have to wait an extra month, but at least if i talking to a real live person at a real live SC they can say something like 'Yeah, about 60 days is the average right now, but for us the reality is because we're not close to a train station and don't have a high volume we only get a shipment about once every three or four weeks, whenever it can make a full load. And on top of that, you ordered black and there's only a run of black once a month. So if you get lucky that your order comes up right when the next run of black starts, AND when your car pops off the line it's right in time for the next run our way, it might be only 60 days like everybody else. But if you don't get lucky like that it might take 45 extra days if you miss the run of black and then miss a quick transport, and if that 45 extra says pushes you past the EOQ surge, it might actually take four months."

And even if they can't predict how it'll work out for you, at least you have some sense of the volatility, and variables potentially driving the volatility, of your particular order to your particular spot. But if you're like me or any other Tyco person you might as well start trying to read sheep entrails, and since I live in the east I don't even have access to sheep entrails.

So yeah, I really am the man from Samuel Johnson's poem, The Vanity of Human Wishes: "Must helpless man, in ignorance sedate, Roll darkling down the torrent of his fate?"

If you're with Tyco the answer is 'yep'. We're all just tumbling darkling down the torrent of our Tyco tesla fate until we hear the words, 'Oh, yeah, I needed the VIN number preprinted on that cashier's check.'

Last edited:
My buddy has a red MYLR and I have to say it looks awesome. He's why I finally pulled the trigger and ordered - white.
Man, every time I see a red one I think it looks fantastic, but I think it looks most fantastic with a black interior to match all the black accents, tint, etc. And to me the white interior looks fantastic, too, especially white on white. And so I have to choose between who gets to see 'fantastic', me on the inside or you on the outside? I decided to be selfish and save $1,000 and see the fantastic for myself!

I really do think the white on white is just stunning.

I wished for VIN before we hit 1500 pages (I wished 1000 too) and BAM!!!, their it was, the glorious pretty blue looking thing waiting for me to press it 🤣 .

Gratz!!!! super happy for you, finally! :D 🔥

HEY!! Congrats!!! 🎉 I’m SO happy for you!!!

Well, my friends, seems like the LR VINs are coming in today! That’s great. I’m still in a state of VINlessness for my MAY 31 order. It feels like it’s gonna be VINter til I see some MY in my house.

side benefit: I have a cool green nightlight in my garage.
Looks like white/black is the combo of the day so far. Hope to see some MSM/black soon.

Maybe Tesla is spreading itself too thin with this project?! I‘m all for innovation but believe they should focus on delivering orders they promised would be fulfilled months ago. How about figuring out FSD?!
Meeting expectations doesn't drive your stock price. Gotta create the image of future value, whether it is real or not.

Congrats! I am happy for you but also jealous especially knowing you are in the same are with a similar configuration!!

Reactions: TESRP

Share!!! My EDD is also 9/2 - 9/14, but no button :/ anticipating dates getting pushed back today. I projected that I would take delivery on page 1635, so I'm gunna need that VIN pretty soon to make it at the rate we're going!

Last edited:
Reactions: TESRP and CSTARZZ