Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
fact is its coming off the entire price! you see when you get you MYLR.

It's funny - I never noticed but they call it a fee in one spot and a deposit down below that. It has to be either one or the other - it can't be both 😁

I agree with @Hangover - they add the $100 (now $250) to the price of the car, then take it right off since you pay it when ordering to secure your vehicle.

View attachment 699058
Thanks Gator for that. @MBx4 as you can see in the screenshot above, 100$ is extra price on top of your car price. It will not reduce your vehicle price.

fact is its coming off the entire price! you see when you get you MYLR.
I think what @Hangover is saying is this:

The Order Agreement is essentially your bill. In accounting terms, these are debits. Here's a hypothetical Order Agreement/bill below, assuming one ordered in mid-May.

LR AWD: $51,990
White paint
19"
Black
Five Seat
AP
Tow: $1,000
Destination: $1,200
Order Fee: $100
------------------------
Total: $54,290

Immediately prior to taking delivery, they generate a final amount due statement. It'll show how much you already paid, and how much you still need to pay to settle the full bill. The $100 already paid will be listed as a "credit" (again, in accounting terms), but it's not a customer credit or gift from Tesla, as we might think in customer service terms. It notes that it was an amount paid to go towards settlement of the final bill, but it was still part of the bill nonetheless.

It's funny - I never noticed but they call it a fee in one spot and a deposit down below that. It has to be either one or the other - it can't be both 😁

I agree with @Hangover - they add the $100 (now $250) to the price of the car, then take it right off since you pay it when ordering to secure your vehicle.

View attachment 699058
its still being deducted at the final sale! believe the question before was if the fee/deposit was deducted. either way they take off the deposit when you finalize the buy.

Reactions: DaveGT
its still being deducted at the final sale! believe the question before was if the fee/deposit was deducted. either way they take off the deposit when you finalize the buy.
they make the car price X+100 and then take off that 100 during delivery.. so your statement is correct.. but what I'm trying to say or clarify to other is, that 100$ is not coming off your X.

You're not wrong in the fact that they do deduct the fee from the final sale, but they add the fee to the base price of the car. It's essentially a $250 additional fee on top of the vehicle even though the accounting line says that it's being deducted, since it cancels out the debit entry.

Reactions: MBx4 and Hangover
Two weeks ago my SA said my car was entering production soon and I should have a VIN assigned by midweek this week and have a car in hand before Labor Day weekend. Welp, we're now at the end of the week and no VIN in sight. Fortunately, I stopped believing anything my SA told me way back in June so I didn't believe him when he told me anything about the production or VIN or delivery. How's that for a testament to Tesla? It's better when you ignore everything your SA tells you because none of it is ever accurate.

I would if it had tow hitch.
Add tow hitch after. That is only $200 more. If it is an option for you to snag an inventory car and you find a match you like I would do it.

For me it's not an option since pricing has increased by $5K since I placed my order. I could deal with $1000 or $1500, but $5K is real money that I can't just throw in the trash.

Reactions: GoGators!
I think what @Hangover is saying is this:

The Order Agreement is essentially your bill. In accounting terms, these are debits. Here's a hypothetical Order Agreement/bill below, assuming one ordered in mid-May.

LR AWD: $51,990
White paint
19"
Black
Five Seat
AP
Tow: $1,000
Destination: $1,200
Order Fee: $100
------------------------
Total: $54,290

Immediately prior to taking delivery, they generate a final amount due statement. It'll show how much you already paid, and how much you still need to pay to settle the full bill. The $100 already paid will be listed as a "credit" (again, in accounting terms), but it's not a customer credit or gift from Tesla, as we might think in customer service terms. It notes that it was an amount paid to go towards settlement of the final bill, but it was still part of the bill nonetheless.
they make the car price X+100 and then take off that 100 during delivery.. so your statement is correct.. but what I'm trying to say or clarify to other is, that 100$ is not coming off your X.
You're not wrong in the fact that they do deduct the fee from the final sale, but they add the fee to the base price of the car. It's essentially a $250 additional fee on top of the vehicle even though the accounting line says that it's being deducted, since it cancels out the debit entry.
Yep. The $100 (now $250) is a line item that increases the price of your car by $100 (or $250). It's credited back to you to put the car's price to what it was before the order fee.

If it were coming off the price of your car, using @PatrickTM's math above, the order fee from the get go would be a credit since you're paying the amount down.

Instead, you're paying a charge and getting it "refunded"/credited back.

Think about it this way. Just look at your total out-the-door cost: it'll be car price + $1,200 + $100. Ignore the "deduction" confusion.

Bottom line is at the final statement, they have deduct the order fee (debit) because it was already paid (credit). Otherwise they would be charging the order fee twice and the balance sheet would not balance. This is bringing me back to basic accounting lol.

You may get it, you may not. Good news is even if you don't get it, it's $100, basically a rounding error for the price of your car or your car budget. My original point is now that it's $250, for the people that did not budget for it, could be a bigger deal (especially if they're doing a $0 down loan or something).

No sweat, we still love you and support you!:)