Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Gang,

Been lurking for awhile; VIN details arrived overnight on 08/21!

Details:
  • OD: 05/21
  • I believe I was profile complete on that date; if not it was within a few days.
  • Blue LR 5MY, No Tow, Black Seats, 19" Wheels, No FSD
  • VIN 256

No delivery appointment text/email yet; just submitted the MVPA to get loan paperwork moving.

I was seeing a solid window of 11 days (Sept 1-12) for ~3 days prior. After I clicked the blue button it narrowed the window tighter and closer to Aug 31 - Aug 6

Before the narrowing of details I was in the eternal "two weeks away club" where the start window would kick over one day, and the window would always be 14 days.
@GoGators! East coast blue delivery. Hopefully we are close.

Just got off the phone with Geico who I bundle home and auto policies with. Perfect record, 36 years old and same 100/300/100 policy as my former BMW X3 is going to cost an extra $150 semiannually or about $25 more a month - the bmw was $30k more expensive but the agent explained that because their policies don’t cap repair costs (hourly expense) they need to figure it into the quote.
From what I've read, that's an amazing deal. Tesla's are notoriously expensive to insure. I believe that is why Elon started to offer his own insurance, however it is only offered in Cali right now as I understand it.

Hi Gang,

Details:
  • I believe I was profile complete on that date; if not it was within a few days.
  • VIN 256

No delivery appointment text/email yet; just submitted the MVPA to get loan paperwork moving.

I was seeing a solid window of 11 days (Sept 1-12) for ~3 days prior. After I clicked the blue button it narrowed the window tighter and closer to Aug 31 - Aug 6

Before the narrowing of details I was in the eternal "two weeks away club" where the start window would kick over one day, and the window would always be 14 days.
Share your luck, please! I’ve been holding at sept 2-14 since Tuesday, I think?

Reactions: TESRP
From what I've read, that's an amazing deal. Tesla's are notoriously expensive to insure. I believe that is why Elon started to offer his own insurance, however it is only offered in Cali right now as I understand it.
Yea I signed up and asked them to hold off on activating the policy until I call the morning of my still to be determined delivery date. Geico has been great to us. A few years ago I got a crack in my bmw windshield that spiderwebbed. Geico fully reimbursed for the cost of the OEM replacement after I had it done because I had to fly to my wedding the next day, just submitted the receipt for the repair. Plus we get a pretty nice discount bundling all our policies together - the agent said I should expect our home policy reflect a nice discount for adding the Tesla.

How are your dates looking?
Not to worry, everyone. Tesla realized they forgot to push my EDD out by a day yesterday like they have every day since early July. So they made up for it by moving it out 2 days today. All is right with the universe.

Went from 9/3-9/18 two days ago to 9/5-9/19 today. What a wonderful present to wake up to for my 15 week anniversary since ordering. 🙄

Forever and always #twoweeks away…

I try to stay optimistic and positive about most things in life, this included. But they sure are making this tough…it really is super frustrating. The thing keeping me encouraged for now is still seeing east coast VINs happening. I imagine that window is rapidly closing and the shift to west coast will start soon. I just really hope they at least wrap up the Q2 orders before they move on. 🤞🏼

Hi Gang,

Details:
  • VIN 256

Another #teamblue east coast VIN!! Congrats!

Not to worry, everyone. Tesla realized they forgot to push my EDD out by a day yesterday like they have every day since early July. So they made up for it by moving it out 2 days today. All is right with the universe.

Went from 9/3-9/18 two days ago to 9/5-9/19 today. What a wonderful present to wake up to for my 15 week anniversary since ordering. 🙄

I try to stay optimistic and positive about most things in life, this included. But they sure are making this tough…it really is super frustrating. The thing keeping me encouraged for now is still seeing east coast VINs happening. I imagine that window is rapidly closing and the shift to west coast will start soon. I just really hope they at least wrap up the Q2 orders before they move on. 🤞🏼
Man, what a farce! Your patience is impressive. I'm upset for you!

I live about 100 miles from the closest SC where we will be taking delivery in Charlotte so going there just to “check in” rarely makes sense. We are actually going to Charlotte tonight for a concert so we are going early and I’m planning to stop by the SC to talk to someone to try and get some more info. I know it will most likely be a waste of time, but 15 weeks is honestly kind of ridiculous. Hopefully they can tell me something at least.

I’m also curious to see how many vehicles they have on the lot awaiting delivery. I’ll take some pics while I’m there and let you all know what they tell me.

Finally the day has come for my BLUE button. MY time to shine. VIN 250. EDD moved to 8/23 - 8/28 from 9/1 - 9/13

1629558959636.png

Last edited:

i feel like you are also pretty close.. blue VINs coming.

I live about 100 miles from the closest SC where we will be taking delivery in Charlotte so going there just to “check in” rarely makes sense. We are actually going to Charlotte tonight for a concert so we are going early and I’m planning to stop by the SC to talk to someone to try and get some more info. I know it will most likely be a waste of time, but 15 weeks is honestly kind of ridiculous. Hopefully they can tell me something at least.

I’m also curious to see how many vehicles they have on the lot awaiting delivery. I’ll take some pics while I’m there and let you all know what they tell me.
It's not even the wait. If you consistently had mid September from the start, I'm sure you'd be fine with it. But the constant moving goal post is ludicrous and erodes all confidence in their process and your ability to plan (if you need to sell, for example). I'd be (politely) livid going in there. I know they can't do a lot, but it sounds like they can at least push for a higher priority for VIN matching like I've seen here. You need some kind of carrot!

My EDD was 9/1 - 9/13 and it moved to 8/23 - 8/28. So it seems like my car is already in NJ or on it's way close. Could be the same so doesn't mean your Car is still in NJ

Just giving an update. I got the text to schedule my delivery yesterday. Scheduled delivery is 9/2. I will update with pics once it arrives. For me, they have delivered within the original EDD of 9-13 weeks. I would have been happy with the end of September, so I'm thankful to be getting it before then. I decided to wait until I had a scheduled date for the car to get the charger (which is now sold out) and any accessories (which should now arrive just in time for the car). I was on the fence on whether I should get the 14-50 or the wall connector. I guess they made the decision for me! Good luck to all! I am hoping everyone who has been waiting WAY past the original EDD gets their car soon.