Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD had been stuck for 10 days at 10/29 -- 11/18.....just now changed to OCTOBER.
Minor blip - yep, back in the October Club just now myself after 3-days of Sep 11-30 and previou 8-days of Sep 4-19. After 8-days having an EDD Sep 4-19, EDD now showing Sep 11-30. Since July 29 with the EDD has range 15 20 days in Sep. With a few October and NULLS. No worries it will be back to a Sep EDD in a short. September is the month!

Reactions: DZMY and TheRock23
Haha 😂 that was funny. Yes olden days folks used to leave the wraps on afraid they would damage the furniture 😂
I am also in the camp of not worrying too much but maybe as others pointed out just focus on high impact areas
In my garage we have a MYLR delivered june that has yet to be wrapped. After 2 months I'm definitely getting the front wrapped. That flat nose just takes a beating. However I am debating back and forth on my MYP on order. It is black and i want to keep it looking good but actually drive it, so probably will be doing full wrap for it

In my garage we have a MYLR delivered june that has yet to be wrapped. After 2 months I'm definitely getting the front wrapped. That flat nose just takes a beating. However I am debating back and forth on my MYP on order. It is black and i want to keep it looking good but actually drive it, so probably will be doing full wrap for it
What color is your MYLR?

Good morning VINwaiters. I'm one of the recently-labeled "long timers" here with an OD of 5/31. Day 89 for me. I've watched this thread grow to over 1500 pages (!). holy shizzle.

my EDD held for 9 days at 9/6-26. this morning it changed to 9/11-30.

I'm in NY (Mt Kisco delivery) and being at EOQ scares the fark out of me... being here for a long time (over a quarter turn) means I've seen east coast VINs be taken away and given to west coast customers so tesla can boost its delivery numbers for the quarter (the company can only count deliveries for revenue, not built and in transit cars). I'm ready to take my car - charger in place (with it's evil green glow) - and i'm frankly done with buying gas for my ICE car. I always ask myself "is this my last tank of gas?".

No More VINlessness, please!

I think it depends a lot on where you live and what kind of driving you’ll be doing. I’m from Colorado and we have two seasons when it comes to cars: winter and construction 😂 so we’ll be having ppf done right after we take delivery. My husband is in charge of the exterior of our cars because he’s very particular about what products to use lol, but I believe he’s planning only to do the partial wrap on ours.

Others on here have mentioned doing some DIY PPF, so that is also an option if you feel comfortable trying that.

I'll gladly take construction over the potholes we get here in the Northeast. Nothing worse than that seeing what you think is a harmless puddle but end up realizing it's a 10" deep pothole filled with water. That loud double bang of the front then the rear wheel is often followed by immediately checking the tire pressure in the vehicle settings.

Let me also say that I drive at least 300 miles a week mainly on the freeway for my commute and have 2200 miles on it in 7 weeks of ownership. And when the P comes it will be the daily about 20k miles a year. And the red one will go to lighter duty until my husband goes back to the office later this year.

Reactions: TESRP and BitJam
Good morning VINwaiters. I'm one of the recently-labeled "long timers" here with an OD of 5/31. Day 89 for me. I've watched this thread grow to over 1500 pages (!). holy shizzle.

my EDD held for 9 days at 9/6-26. this morning it changed to 9/11-30.

I'm in NY (Mt Kisco delivery) and being at EOQ scares the fark out of me... being here for a long time (over a quarter turn) means I've seen east coast VINs be taken away and given to west coast customers so tesla can boost its delivery numbers for the quarter (the company can only count deliveries for revenue, not built and in transit cars). I'm ready to take my car - charger in place (with it's evil green glow) - and i'm frankly done with buying gas for my ICE car. I always ask myself "is this my last tank of gas?".

No More VINlessness, please!
Just stay the course!! I'm so close to my delivery, 6 days left and I won't have to worry if my wife has been filling up her car or not every time I borrow it. This has been one of my biggest frustrations sharing a car, she doesn't pay attention to anything in the car except for where the wheel is pointed. I've got in before to low gas, low tire, engine oil and check engine lights and my wife seems ignorant to all of them.

Unfortunately with EOQ on the horizon, there's no way to tell how long this push of VIN's to the midwest and east coast will continue. Last quarter I remember VIN reassignments around mid-late June so anyone who gets a vin in the next week-2 weeks should be safe from a reassignment but it will be hard for those getting vins on the east coast end of sept to actually take delivery without Tesla sneaking those builds away.

😂 full wrap or ppl to me is the equivalent of my grandparents having clear vinyl cover on EVERY piece of living room furniture - all chairs and sofas. I HATED TO VISIT THEM! Why protect something to the point that you don’t fully enjoy it! I’m getting pearl white - wrapping is crazy for me to enjoy the paint. Some say the paint isn’t that good - so why protect it! Invest the money you would have spent and let it grow - save for a new paint job down the road! That’s my plan!!!
THIS!!

The whole "Tesla has bad paint" is based on social media and YouTube "experts". If a Tesla is more prone to chipping it's because there is more paint on the front end than a traditional ICE vehicle with a plastic grill occupying 50% of the front. But take note how most discussions around PPF are also including or originated by someone installing/selling PPF. From a YouTube standpoint, it's content creators being compensated in some way for their PPF video.

I'm not saying PPF is a bad thing, but it is certainly not worth the money. In my area a full wrap is around $7k. Front around $2k. It's just not worth it, and this coming from a car perfectionist who NEVER drives a dirty car. Even in winter, which if you live in the Northeast can understand what a feat this is to accomplish. So my advice, especially to those younger than me and perhaps with less disposable income: Save your money. Invest it. (But not in GME or DOGECOIN)

The plastic on the furniture is the best analogy to PPF as I've heard, but so very true.

I'll gladly take construction over the potholes we get here in the Northeast. Nothing worse than that seeing what you think is a harmless puddle but end up realizing it's a 10" deep pothole filled with water. That loud double bang of the front then the rear wheel is often followed by immediately checking the tire pressure in the vehicle settings.
clearly you've never driven around the chicago area. even recently reconstructed roads get destroyed within months because our municipalities go cheap with asphalt instead of concrete. I'm giving my 20" wheels 6-9 months until they'll be covered in curb rash unless I determine that going down to aftermarket 19" or 18" wheels will reduce my anxiety and chances of a flat.

clearly you've never driven around the chicago area. even recently reconstructed roads get destroyed within months because our municipalities go cheap with asphalt instead of concrete. I'm giving my 20" wheels 6-9 months until they'll be covered in curb rash unless I determine that going down to aftermarket 19" or 18" wheels will reduce my anxiety and chances of a flat.

Oh, I have. Love Chicago! Wife and I especially like Bandera restaurant on the MM. Really anywhere that has harsh winter and temp changes ends up with horrible roads.

I totally get that!! We have potholes in the worst section of I-70 in the Glenwood Canyon and it’s awful!! We have a 5th wheel camper and my husband refuses to tow it over that section lol. This is the same section that closed the interstate for like 3 weeks just recently due to the mudslide/rockslide. But that’s to be expected when the state director of transportation is a history major 🙄🙄

It's just not worth it, and this coming from a car perfectionist who NEVER drives a dirty car. Even in winter, which if you live in the Northeast can understand what a feat this is to accomplish.
My husband will now and forever on be dubbed “car perfectionist” as well. Thanks for giving me the correct term to describe his madness 😂😂

I totally get that!! We have potholes in the worst section of I-70 in the Glenwood Canyon and it’s awful!! We have a 5th wheel camper and my husband refuses to tow it over that section lol. This is the same section that closed the interstate for like 3 weeks just recently due to the mudslide/rockslide. But that’s to be expected when the state director of transportation is a history major 🙄🙄
Maybe I've only driven around the "touristy" parts of the colorado mountains but I remember the roads to be in pretty great condition. I have family in Aurora and Denver I visit often and we usually rent a cabin in the mountains for a week or two every time I come out. I remember the roads around estes, the hot springs, even mt evans to be pretty nice compared to the roads out here.

Reactions: PatrickTM