Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker, first time poster. I ordered 6/12, MYLR white on black with 7 seats and tow hitch. Waiting on my VIN very impatiently. It feels a lot like waiting for a baby to be born. You have the due date, plus or minus two weeks. Both my kids were 2 weeks late. Hoping that my Tesla is right on time!

Couple of bonus details for your interest: My 14 year old cat is named Tesla after the scientist, because I didn’t know of the car brand at the time. My birthday is next week and I’m hoping I make some progress as a gift for me!

EDD has remained consistent for past week at 9/16 to 9/28.
You had me 14 year old cat. That’s lovely.

Welcome! And happy early birthday!

it is $3000 more now. that's why they kept delaying mine.
I’m not so sure about Tesla delaying May orders intentionally. I have one friend who ordered in May, finally got VIN last week, scheduled for delivery this week in Texas. Plenty, and I mean plenty, of other here with cheaper orders getting VINs and deliveries. The only constant is that Performance Model Y get delivered in about a month, while LR Model Y takes about 3 months (plus or minus).

Care to share more details about your order? Profile completion date? Any order updates? Your build details, financing details, trade in, etc.?

Reactions: BitJam
Took delivery today. Minor issue with spoiler not connected passenger side and minor scratch that will come out tomorrow when it gets a ceramic coat and front PPF, Windows tinted, and all other accessories installed.
Driven about 20+ miles and already use to one pedal driving. Now to just figure out how everything else works.

Thanks to all the great people here for passing on info and just listening to everyone’s struggle.View attachment 706952
congrats! looks awesome!

Despite all the bounces, your current EDD is within one week of the original EDD from when you first ordered! I’m actually kind of impressed, despite all the shite we talk about Tesla.
Yes, aside from those October outliers, it’s been what they said it would be. Curious to see what tomorrow will bring

Reactions: PatrickTM
Jeezus, that sounds downright awful. At a minimum, it sounds chaotic and stressful. It’s actually been so nice, so sheltered chatting and learning with fellow excited soon-to-be Model Y owners in our little thread here.

Seriously though, for all the folks who regularly participate here, I am very grateful and appreciative of everyone’s inputs and stories. I have learned a lot about the ordering/delivery process and EV ownership basics. You guys have such weird corner cases that it brings about questions I would never even think to ask on my own. Like setting financing to cash until VIN assignment? Literally in a million years I would not have thought about that without you all. This thread is the ultimate SA, and much more responsive than any SA (minus those lucky few with incredible SAs). The life lessons/stories and have been fun too. The people come and go, and I’m sure another cohort will “graduate” here soon as EoQ is nearly upon us. I’ll stick around for another cycle or two, continuing to post, prod, learn, and probably annoy of some you If I get opinionated.
In all seriousness you're going to become very valuable because you're going to be there through multiple cycles. I've been here just long enough to see the nextgen asking the same questions I was asking; what's up with the app, etc.

You have a great temperament and you're going to be a great elder statesman here. That would be true even if you weren't AF, but obviously that takes it to another level!

I did a search but was curious if anyone knows the time from when you get a VIN, to when the car was/is built and then how long it takes to arrive to the SC for for pick up? (Eg VIN on Jan 1st, car is made roughly a week after, and you pick up 2 weeks after it’s built)

For anyone picking up in Lawrenceville/Princeton NJ location, I am pretty sure they are storing the cars in an overflow lot at the Quakerbridge mall. You can see like 30 in a parking lot right off Quakerbridge road. Will everyone getting their cars this week see a guy looking at each VIN one by one if they open up their Sentry mode history? ....no, but I did think long and hard about doing this.
Yes, Quaker bridge is the overflow lot

Reactions: BitJam
My thought would be to get insurance!
Haha, well that‘s a given. We carry full coverage on all of our vehicles, even after they‘re paid off. The insurance coverage isn’t a concern; I know it would be covered and fixed/replaced. What is concerning is having to re-join the *wonderful* Tesla waiting game again in the event the car is totaled and has to be replaced. Pretty sure insurance won’t cover an endless rental lol

Did a chat today (first time - I've tried to not be that unruly customer that keeps calling!).

This weekend in a showroom, an SA (not my own, not even my part of the state, we went on a roadtrip) showed me a soft match of early October.
EDD has been holding steady of 9/16 to 9/30. No changes today.
Chatted someone up, they see the same EDD and said they're aiming for 9/21.

Sent a text message to the phone number I received a text from when I placed my order (who knows when they'll respond) asking about the dates.

I'm planning for October so I don't get my hopes up.
I am in the same situation as you.

I did the same exact thing 2 weekends ago visiting a showroom out of state and asked the SA about my order and they told me they see an estimate of late October for my MYLR7 being built for early November delivery.

My EDD is still holding steady at 9/18 - 9/30, just want it to update already so I can move on and prepare for an Oct or Nov delivery rather than have that small hope.…

I did a search but was curious if anyone knows the time from when you get a VIN, to when the car was/is built and then how long it takes to arrive to the SC for for pick up? (Eg VIN on Jan 1st, car is made roughly a week after, and you pick up 2 weeks after it’s built)
Definitely depends where you are located, but I’ve seen anywhere from 5-ish days (locations closer to West Coast) up to a couple of weeks. If you’re comfortable sharing the delivery center you‘ll be using, I’m sure there’s someone on here who can give you a better idea specific to your area.

Quick update on EDD, no changes over long week end - OD 6/24, EDD 9/16-9/30.
I was expecting a lot more VINs than reported so far in September, not sure, I might have missed many posts, it's been a while I haven't checked.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Quick update on EDD, no changes over long week end - OD 6/24, EDD 9/16-9/30.
I was expecting a lot more VINs than reported so far in September, not sure, I might have missed many posts, it's been a while I haven't checked.
I feel like we‘ve had a ton of posts of people actually taking delivery (which is actually more awesome!!) and not so many VINs. I may also just have tunnel vision and can only see my nonexistent VIN while I wait impatiently haha!

Delivery day!! Say hello to Felix (like Allyson Felix, cuz she’s FAST):

View attachment 706913

We lucked out on timing somehow, but any wait for this car is tough. Have had about 10 minutes to enjoy it before the rest of the family took over. Smiles all around!
Congrats! Exactly my order specs of my 6/7 order. You definitely lucked out on timing, but good on you! Felix is gorgeous!! :)